IN COURT?

And yet again Mr Yale pops up to suggest systems being installed are wrong, nay, Illegal.
Then shows us that he really has no idea what he's talking about. Clearly not even read the basic guides on Gradings, let alone the relevant standards. Yes Mr Yale, those documents we have to buy and you just ignore.
tat product and tat advice.
But eh, he's cheap! Unfortunately he's a classic example of the old adage. Pay cheap, pay twice.

Sponsored Links
Simply using two sensors or more for the same location seems unethical to me.
For example two pir sensors in one room both pick up the bright headlights of a car turning outside
As has been said to you MANY times, you just don't know, do you?

Two detectors in the same room are perfectly OK, they just have to be of different technologies.

Just so you know what that means, for example, Pir in one corner, and a DualTec in the opposite.

[ DualTec - PIR & Microwave in the one unit, what will trip one technology will not trip the other ]

Thankyou for explaining that. :)
The post submitted didn't make that clear.

And yet again Mr Yale pops up to suggest systems being installed are wrong, nay, Illegal.
Then shows us that he really has no idea what he's talking about. Clearly not even read the basic guides on Gradings, let alone the relevant standards. Yes Mr Yale, those documents we have to buy and you just ignore.
tat product and tat advice.
But eh, he's cheap! Unfortunately he's a classic example of the old adage. Pay cheap, pay twice.

I said unethical!
The proper reccomendations have been explained to me by Europlex.
The post didn't make it clear that TWO different technologies had been used. It appeared that simply extra sensors of the same TYPE had been used which as you should know as explained by Europlex WOULD be wrong.
Unfortunately none of my clients have had to buy twice so you are wrong yet again. Twice in the same reply... good going.

Sponsored Links
ok so I thought doubling up sensors would be ilegal as in not complying with the rules I certainly also said unethical..
shoot me! :rolleyes:
I'm sure the Police wouldn't be happy turning up to a false alarm. If they looked they might just notice a contravention of regulations but it's doubtful they wouldn't notice and the ARC wouldnt tell them.

odd. In the corner of my shop there is a triple tech in the corner (one with 3 coloured lights in one), then further along the same wall, about 6 foot away, is another one, the same, pointing the same way. Then in the middle of the area they point at is a 360 triple tech. All overlook the cigarette kiosk and beer area. :p

odd. In the corner of my shop there is a triple tech in the corner (one with 3 coloured lights in one), then further along the same wall, about 6 foot away, is another one, the same, pointing the same way. Then in the middle of the area they point at is a 360 triple tech. All overlook the cigarette kiosk and beer area. :p

Unless 'youtekkinthepish' (joke) they are DualTecs of some sort, one led for one technology, another led for the other technology & the last led to indicate an alarm condition, the first two indicate that technology has detected something.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back