****in insurance rant (yet again!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
this time its not about norwich union!

took out insurance with egg on 8th october. still had no documents and nothin has been taken from my bank, even tho i have a printout confirming my insurance with them. phoned up and they have no records of me, apart from a saved quote.

turns out ive been drivin with no insurance for the last month because their computer ****ed up and didnt actually make a policy!

Sponsored Links
hard lines andy. Make sure they don't try to charge you for the last month. Didn't know egg do insurance! Oh . . . they dont! ;)

crafty1289 said:
hard lines andy. Make sure they don't try to charge you for the last month. Didn't know egg do insurance! Oh . . . they dont! ;)

i aint payed for the last month. insurance is 1 year form today

If you live on South Tyneside, does that make you a Makem or a Takem?

Sponsored Links
Been thinking (dangerous, i know) what if you had an accident in the month you weren't insured, but believed you were? I wonder where you would stand? Because for all you knew, you were covered, but you hadn't paid anything . . . but this isn't your fault . . . :confused:

would the printed confirmation from your computer be sufficient to provide evidence that you should be covered and egg should pay out?

It's worrying because I've bought a 2nd car on e-bay last month and phoned the insurance company then told me it's now insured and will be sending down the insurance certificate in the post but I wasn't happy about it. I only did it because my 1st car insurance will cover me for the 2nd car if anything went wrong.

Back