RIP my beloved punto

P plate `97 ASTRA merit diesel 2 owners 117k miles .....£500 to you cash ;) Full Service History

Sponsored Links
securespark, this is what I dont understand about insurance. I got my renewal recently. £2800. ONE at-fault claim, in January. Obviously the accident last october wasn't an at-fault claim. The claim in january probably cost my insurers about the same as this renewal quote! Its like paying for accidents in installments!

Fortunately, I have halved that renewal quote elsewhere. Thank god. But why was my renewal from NUD higher than I found elsewhere? I can only think they dont WANT me to renew, but are trying to get me to just pay by installments. :rolleyes:

i think insurers in general 'try it on' with existing loyal customers in so far as, send 'em a renewal quote and they'll exept. meaning they prey on our laziness presuming well except without shopping for alternative quotes.

i for one am quite lazy. my mortgage providers have to practically beg me to pop in and save money.

loyalty is not particularly rewarded in this country, they see you as a soft target.

glad to hear you are ok Crafty....

I know there are differences over here, but I would think that since you were not at fault, and you are not claiming on your insurance, that whatever you need from the other driver (who is liable) would be taken care of by his insurance co...whether a rent a car (hire car?) or taxi cabs....it's not what you opted for on your insurance, I wouldnt think. As far as the Punto goes....I havent a clue as to what it is.....you'll find somethin else. Hope your fam's doin alright now. ;)

Sponsored Links
A FIAT Punto - small Italian supermini hatchback (no trunk!). They sell Fiat's in the US, surely?

securespark said:
A FIAT Punto - small Italian supermini hatchback (no trunk!). They sell Fiat's in the US, surely?
Er how can i put this diplomatically without offending mlb3c :) they don't sell very well in the US something to do with proportions? :LOL:

tim west said:
securespark said:
Er how can i put this diplomatically without offending mlb3c :) they don't sell very well in the US something to do with proportions? :LOL:

no offense taken....we like em big over here! Yes I've heard of Fiat......just not the Punto part. I live in the sticks fellas.....you'd get run over by all the pickups plus get muddy goin through the puddles.....but I bet it's great on petrol....or diesel..... ;)

Crafty

You mentioned a dog in your OP. You can and should get a harness for your dog from your local petshop, they come in all sizes and have a handle on them for attaching to a seatbelt. Unless my dog is in my Landrover behind a dog guard she is in her harness attached to a seat belt.

In an accident all untied items, including dogs, become missiles in the car. My Jack Russell which weighs about 8 Kilos would have the force of about a ton in a 30 mph accident.

It annoys me to see so called 'dog lovers' with their dog running around the back of a car loose for the sake of a £10 harness.

Its not only you who would be hurt by an accelerating dog but also the dog!!

Sponsored Links
Back