who's fault

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
driving down a coast road at between 45.50 mph. it's a 60 mph road :confused: guy on front slows down i slow down he pulls off really quick i put foot on the gas he slams brakes on i hit him about 12 mph. i am driving a 3.5 tonn pick no damage to truck little damage to old j.reg car but after guy said he would kick my head in he gets back in car i call police he calls ambulance, when it comes he and his girl are now on stretcher's, police come, all blow in bag :LOL: cops tell me to go, they phone me that nigth tell me there is nowth wrong with other guy or his girl, and we will have to sort it out ourselfs. :eek: no other cars on road ,it was a nice day road dry no stoping allowed no turn off , :eek: :eek: give us a clue could this be a compo job, :confused:

Sponsored Links
It is your responsibility to keep a safe distance between you and the vehicle in front I am affraid. I have heard about people doing something similar where they pull in front of busses/wagons and slam the anchors on, attempting to cause a crash for the compo claim. Some even disable their brake lights!! Which coast road?

my opinion for what its worth :rolleyes:

you assumed his movements
he done something else
you hit him

providing he drives to the highway code he has done nothing wrong
the fact he didnt clear your path when you expected him to is a misjugment on your behalf :rolleyes: :cry:

just my opinion and not passing judgment ;)

billyo said:
guy on front slows down i slow down he pulls off really quick i put foot on the gas he slams brakes on i hit him about 12 mph
I dont understand this. So he was still in your path when you slammed on the gas?

If he wasn't injured etc, he has no claim for compo. And he may well recieve a bill for the ambulance (my auntie did once). If they didnt get taken to hospital, there was nothing wrong with them. His insurers will repair any damage to his car. If it WAS your fault, your insurers will cover it. If they do get compo, it'll come from your insurers, but they will tell you if this happens. Make sure you tell your insurers that there was nothing wrong with them.

On a similar note/theme, I was nearly tricked by a car full of boy racers once, I was waiting to pull out from a side road, they were coming from my right, signalling left, even slowing down. I didnt budge, there was something suspicious. They went straight on, all looked at me as they passed the front of my car. :confused: :eek:

Many buses round here have indicators that 1. dont cancel and 2. dont click. Recipe for disaster.

Sponsored Links
Steve Wrote:
If he wasn't injured etc, he has no claim for compo
Oh ... The naivety of youth :LOL:

The big payouts come from what can't be seen or disproved ... Whiplash, muscle and nerve problems and ... The piece-de-resitance ... Mental trauma.

The ambulance chasers (no win no fee) will get involved and, before you know it, the pair of them are having recurrent nightmares, wetting the bed and having flashback's to the crash ... Big £'s ;)

I forgot to add that, as unfortunate as it is, I agree with earlier posts Billyo ... The accident will be your fault in the eyes of the insurers.

MW

Make sure you tell your insurer the exact circumstances, and add that you got the impression that it seemed like one of those attempted compensation jobs. They may look a bit further and find that the other party had been involved in similar cases. Then they might hammer them.

A little story,but true,

Was a passenger in a minibus, 12 seater,sat about 3 down, 1 across, from the left, reading the paper, we stopped, i asked why,

Because wev'e had an accident ?

long/short, bloke was skidding on ice, backwards, touched our van, 8, claims for whiplash,

"how are you libby"
"i'm only here to back the lads up
" where does it hurt?"
where should it?

maybe be there?
oh yeah!

how does that feel ?

that really hurts don't do that again!

(end of interview with rich manchester doc, female.)

I got the biggest injury a ward, only 2.5k for my honesty? softus?

She said i was a true historian ?

A little story,but true,

Was a passenger in a minibus, 12 seater,sat about 3 down, 1 across, from the left, reading the paper, we stopped, i asked why,

Because wev'e had an accident ?

long/short, bloke was skidding on ice, backwards, touched our van, 8, claims for whiplash,

"how are you libby"
"i'm only here to back the lads up
" where does it hurt?"
where should it?

maybe be there?
oh yeah!

how does that feel ?

that really hurts don't do that again!

(end of interview with rich manchester doc, female.)

I got the biggest injury a ward, only 2.5k for my honesty? softus?

She said i was a true historian ?

One can understand the dislike Softus show,s towards you.

Make sure you tell your insurer the exact circumstances, and add that you got the impression that it seemed like one of those attempted compensation jobs. They may look a bit further and find that the other party had been involved in similar cases. Then they might hammer them.

£10,000, maybe, £1500 no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back