Destroyed Respect “Police”

Sponsored Links
Thermo,

You right about his condition and age should have nothing to do with it,
But I would have thought police would be trained to deal with different members of the public, when they stopped someone for no reason they should have the decency to be polite, this police officer was not polite.

Why I’m I calling them idiots, because they were just looking to make something out of nothing. I have spoken to the pensioner again he says they were tailgating him.
The pensioner is entitled to drive at 50 mph (dark wet and windy). He slowed down because someone was tailgating him. The police driver was driving faster than 50 mph, why did he not over take him? why did the police officer slow down?, was he just looking for blood?
The pensioner did not know the idiot tailgating him was the police.

You seem to be trying to make an issue with him driving at 50 mph (dark wet and windy),
He was less than 3 miles from home and was in no rush.
He is entitled to drive at 50 mph.
He was been driving for 47 years, no convictions and no accidents.
He has also driven over 30000 miles in the USA
If driving at 50mph when it is dark, wet and windy is a tale tale sign of drink driving what does that make someone doing 70mph then slowing down to 50mph, 45mph and 40 mph tailgating?
For the record the pensioner was not drink driving.

Yes you are right the police officer was arrogant in his first question and got more arrogant as he was losing the discussion (very poor policing). The pensioner was very polite and answered the questions from the arrogant idiot police officer; the police officer should have asked the right questions and not very vague questions.

The pensioner waited because stopping on 70mph dual carriageway at night when it is wet and windy is not safe. Did the police not know that a lay-by was close by and that it would be safer to stop in the lay-by? The police were not interested in safety that’s why they were tailgating and expected someone to stop on a 70mph dual carriageway at nigh when it’s wet and windy (they are idiots).

This is factual, I was there,
You say lots of skimpy detail which are one sided, that’s how I saw it,
But you will know all about skimpy detail which are one sided, I’m I right in saying you are an ex police officer?

yes you are right, i was a police officer. You are also right, you get some that are arrogant, and some who dont know how to talk to people or deal with situations. They were generally the ones who ended up in fights or get arrests for winding people up. You also get ones who were worth their weight in gold.

All i was saying in relation to the original post was it was a bit one sided. I merely explained that at that time of night a car going slowley may well get followed and stopped, as it is often the case that drink drivers will drive welll below the limit, and it may well justify their actions. It sounds like they were following him to asses his driving, if they werent they would have overtaken etc. You yourself said they werent driving too close.

All im trying to say is there is always two sides to every story, and not all coppers are the same.

To add a comment, I think that the police could do with reminding that there is a difference between being assertive and being aggressive or intimidating. Too many cops especially traffic cops come across as rude arrogant jobs worths, they perhaps would do better to remember that we, the general public, pay their wages.

My fear about the police is this, if I had an issue with a police officer, and were to get into a non agressive argument with one, I would unfortunately probably expect to get arrested for a public order offence, something which I think is a complete abuse of power, and is totally unacceptable.

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
I would unfortunately probably expect to get arrested for a public order offence, something which I think is a complete abuse of power, and is totally unacceptable.

But it would ensure that the Police Officer won the argument....which is why it pays not to argue with them in the first place..:D

On a side note from this, after my little experience the other week, I have been pulled loads of times by the local fuzz, held a couple of minutes and then let on my way..they are just playing with me..

However on my way home yesterday as a passenger in a car (so nothing to do with me) my colleague was pulled by a Motorcycle Cop..

The reason he pulled him...He had only just transferred to the area, knew he took a wrong turn and was lost...as Dave had a break light not working, he thought he would pull him, let him know about his light, and ask for directions as he knew if he asked on the Radio he would get the urine extracted for weeks...

He was a damn good bloke to be honest,totally different attitude to a lot I have met recently..but to be hnest, I have found this with Bike Cops over the years..they all are Bikers at heart, and they have a more positive and socially acceptable attitude...

But when pulled I was thinking " Oh FFS, what now!!" :LOL:

Big_Spark said:
Eddie M said:
I would unfortunately probably expect to get arrested for a public order offence, something which I think is a complete abuse of power, and is totally unacceptable.

But it would ensure that the Police Officer won the argument....which is why it pays not to argue with them in the first place..:D

Well indeed, which is why I wouldn't start, but I think that is a sad state of affairs, after all, allegedly my human rights state that I am equal to all other mankind and my passport states that I am allowed to travel without let or hinderance. Hmm.

Also, as an aside, perhaps someone ought to tell the police that shows like the BBC's traffic cops (or whatever it is called) shows the police as a bunch of nauseating t**ts.

joe-90 said:
He has powers of arrest - not powers of the Gestapo.
I thought that there was no such thing as the gestapo and that the holocaust never happened?.............

strange you should know about that when you only joined in novemebr 2007. That thread was way back last year and hasnt been made mention of for some time! :?:

Thermo said:
strange you should know about that when you only joined in novemebr 2007. That thread was way back last year and hasnt been made mention of for some time! :?:

Once a cop, always........................ ;) :)

tim west said:
I thought that there was no such thing as the gestapo and that the holocaust never happened?.............
Have you lost your password Slogger?

Policing is not a job I could do myself and I have a high (ish) level of regard for the people who do the job, but experience has lead me on several occasions to wonder who they think they are.

I have been pulled in several occasions and so far (touch wood) not been issued with any tickets. These incedents have ranged from being pulled for not changing lane quickly enough on a 3 lane road (not a motorway or dual carriageway) through to being clocked at 105!!!! don't know how I got away with that one!!. But the most laughable and most arragant one was when I was puled on the M25 for tailgating a police dog van at 115.....

I was driving along minding my own business overtaking on the outside lane when I was flashed from behind (headlights only) by an astra van that was so close I couldn't see the light bar on top, I pulled out of the way and the police dog van shot past (at this point I noticed the light bar, without any flashing blues). The van pulled away and I continued my drive in the centre lane overtaking those on the inside and occasionally pulling into the outside lane to overtake those in the middle lane, my speed never exceeded 85 mph. The police van had to flash several other vehicle out of the way as he continued his drag up the outside lane (still no blues). I caught up with him as the cars he flashed didn't move very quickly out of his way. This happened several times and after the third time he pulled in behind me and put on his blues.... I pulled onto the hard shoulder and waited for him to come to me, he strolled over like Ponch out of CHiPs with his hand on his belt and swaggered up to my passenger window and nearly punched it in. This sent my dog into a frenzy on the seat (harness on and attached to the seatbelt) After hew asked me what the f&*k I was doing chasing him at 115mph he threatened to arrest me and have my dog put down (13yrs Jack russell bitch) for being aggresive I told him that I would accompany him to the station and ask his superior why he was doing 115mph without blues and siren on and he seemed to loose interest and just f'd at me a few more time and told me to watch myself whereupon I told him to F'off and drove away.........

There is good and bad in everyone but that took the biscuit.......

you told a policeman to to F'off ?
and he didnt give you a thick ear? :eek:
phew! things have really changed, how do they keep law and order?

I only used the same language that he used with me...............

As for a thick ear maybe they should re-introduce it for the young'uns :evil:

police are people.

some are complete D1KS and some are very nice.

Ive been pulled by both and actually praises the two who were nice. As for the others complete tossers who think they are oh so powerfull and the greatest drivers on the earth who can do no wrong. Id love to wupp their ass on the track,.

rant over. merry christmas :LOL: :D

dan the man said:
police are people.

some are complete D1KS and some are very nice.

Ive been pulled by both and actually praises the two who were nice. As for the others complete t*****s who think they are oh so powerfull and the greatest drivers on the earth who can do no wrong. Id love to wupp their ass on the track,.

rant over. merry christmas :LOL: :D

You've been pulled by both :eek: and complete tossers :eek: and you would love to wupp their ass :eek: :LOL: ;)

Sponsored Links
Back