Destroyed Respect “Police”

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Picture the seen,

Time: 23:30
Condition: Dark, Wet and Windy
Pensioner driving along a dual carriageway at 50mph (speed limit 70).
When joining the dual carriageway there is a clearway sign (for 7 miles).
Pensioner has a heart condition (still allowed to drive) and Crohn's disease.
The only other car in sight comes up behind the pensioner and keeps a steady speed of 50 mph (they are not driving to close but you could say under the conditions they could have backed off or overtaking).
The pensioner slows down to 45 mph and so does the other car.
The pensioner then slows down to 40 mph so does the other car.
This all happens over a distance of about 2 miles.

The idiot in the other car then turns on his flashing blue lights (police).
The pensioner then starts to slow down looking for some were safe to stop, after no more the 30 seconds (about ¼ mile) the pensioner pulls into a lay-by.

The pensioner rolls down his widow to speak to the police officer,
Arrogantly the police officer asks the pensioner did you not see us?
The pensioner replies politely were do you mean, when you joined the dual carriageway, when you sneaked up behind me, or when you turned on your lights.
Arrogantly the police officer said when we turned on the lights.
The Pensioner replies yes.
Arrogant polices officer: “YOU STOP WHEN I TELL YOU”
At this point the passenger of the pensioner joins in the discussion,
The passenger and police officer then debate for a time, when to stop, when it is save, etc, etc, etc. Also during the discussion the police officer starts telling lies “his excuse for stopping the pensioner was because he was wandering all over the road”.

Then the police officer totally loses control of the situation and shouts at the pensioner “GET OUT OF THE CAR AND COME WITH ME”.

When do you stop your car for the police? (This is not traffic police).

Sponsored Links
I've had the same

First time I'd ever been pulled, so I was a bit unsure what to do, it was on a busy dual carriageway in east London.

Gave me grief for 'not stopping' but I stopped when I thought it safe - there was a layby 5-10 seconds away so I carried on and stopped there as opposed to blocking a lane.

It's the intimidation that gets me

When it safe to do so.
Now thats the problem.
Safe...What is safe Jenson Button, or the old pensioner

scott1968
as mentioned in a past locked thread why did the pensioner not take the officers number an report him ?

Sponsored Links
I actually turned off a busy road and into a side street when I first got pulled over. Happens to be the street I pulled onto is well known for local prostitutes. The 7 day producer I got issued with had the street name as the "location of stop" which went down well with the lads in work.

I believe that you are supposed to pull over where you are "not causing a hazard", rather than "where safe to do so" because one could argue that the hard shoulder of a motorway is one of the most dangerous places to be...

If the pensioner were to argue that he was pulling over in the layby then the bobby could argue that with prevailing traffic conditions it would have been quite safe to stop where he was...

I'm glad I never got in, because I'd end up hating myself.

I'm glad I never got in, because I'd end up hating myself.

Theres a lot of things you would have hated, but not yourself, unless you werent true to yourself. Youd have definetly hated the system though![/quote]

scott1968 said:
Then the police officer totally loses control of the situation and shouts at the pensioner “GET OUT OF THE CAR AND COME WITH ME”.

You've been watching Cops again.

A Police Officer has just one option. To tell the driver that he is being arrested and why.

Shouting " Get out of the car and come with me" would be abduction. A serious criminal offence. The officer would be dismissed and charged.

would be abduction

dont talk rubbish ....Oh sorry its joe posting....lol

Moz said:
scott1968
as mentioned in a past locked thread why did the pensioner not take the officers number an report him ?
The pensioner has taken his name and number,
But he wants to find out were he stands legally first.

Would it no be the case stopping on a dual carriageway regardless of the prevailing traffic conditions you are causing a hazard, remember this is a clearway for a reason (safety). If you are Jenson Button or a pensioner the car is still a hazard.

From the Highway Code,

“You MUST then pull over and stop as soon as it is safe to do so. Then switch off your engine”.
”Law RTA 1988 sect 163”

Stopping in a clearway is not safe!

That is what I was saying. WHAT IS SAFE
You could ask what is tall, 5'4" is, if you are 5'1".
Why not ask how long the string is, its all about interpretation, & we all know that those that where the uniform..think they are the cream..you cant win an argument with them.

Don't waste your time reporting him, they all stick together, one rule for you, one rule for them, 99% are *rseholes

Moz said:
would be abduction

dont talk rubbish ....Oh sorry its joe posting....lol

A Police Officer can only arrest you, reading you your rights and telling you why you are being arrested. He cannot order you to 'Come with me'.
He has powers of arrest - not powers of the Gestapo.

scott1968 said:
Picture the seen,

Time: 23:30
Condition: Dark, Wet and Windy
Pensioner driving along a dual carriageway at 50mph (speed limit 70).
When joining the dual carriageway there is a clearway sign (for 7 miles).
Pensioner has a heart condition (still allowed to drive) and Crohn's disease.
The only other car in sight comes up behind the pensioner and keeps a steady speed of 50 mph (they are not driving to close but you could say under the conditions they could have backed off or overtaking).
The pensioner slows down to 45 mph and so does the other car.
The pensioner then slows down to 40 mph so does the other car.
This all happens over a distance of about 2 miles.

The idiot in the other car then turns on his flashing blue lights (police).
The pensioner then starts to slow down looking for some were safe to stop, after no more the 30 seconds (about ¼ mile) the pensioner pulls into a lay-by.

The pensioner rolls down his widow to speak to the police officer,
Arrogantly the police officer asks the pensioner did you not see us?
The pensioner replies politely were do you mean, when you joined the dual carriageway, when you sneaked up behind me, or when you turned on your lights.
Arrogantly the police officer said when we turned on the lights.
The Pensioner replies yes.
At this point the passenger of the pensioner joins in the discussion,
The passenger and police officer then debate for a time, when to stop, when it is save, etc, etc, etc. Also during the discussion the police officer starts telling lies “his excuse for stopping the pensioner was because he was wandering all over the road”.

What has his condition or age got to do with anything, are the police supposed to know that before they stop?

Why are they idiots, theyve followed him at a safe distance and speed, adjusting their speed as hes adjusted his. Why did he keep slowing down, nothing to say he knew it was police, why keep slowing anyway to that speed on a dual carriage way?

I suspect theyve followed him to look at his driving as he was doing 20mph below the speed limit at night. Often a tale tale sign of a drink driver.

The police officer may have been arrogant in his first question, but was the pensioner not equally so in his reply?

The police officers will indicate for the driver to stop, why do they wait, because they wait for a place where they consider it is safe for the stop to take place. Therefore he could have considered that the car was beginning to fail to stop.

so is this factual? where you there? lots of skimpy details which are one sided.

Don't waste your time reporting him, they all stick together, one rule for you, one rule for them, 99% are *rseholes

god forbid you ever need some help then, better keep your fingers crossed you get the 1%

BoxBasher said:
I actually turned off a busy road and into a side street when I first got pulled over. Happens to be the street I pulled onto is well known for local prostitutes.

by accident you say?

Arrogant!!??...Police officier???!!!...oh come on please!...youl be saying next he is a traffic cop in the Kent Constabulary

As if!!???

Sponsored Links
Back