Tailgating

Sponsored Links
I'm driving perfectly safely, it's the idiot behind that's too close.. if he was following at the required safe distance then the balloon wouldn't hit his vehicle would it?

actually, a well adjusted window washer jet can be just as effective.. :)

I wonder if it would be illegal to fit one on the back aimed specifically at the right angle to hit anything too close?

I'm driving perfectly safely, it's the idiot behind that's too close.. if he was following at the required safe distance then the balloon wouldn't hit his vehicle would it?

actually, a well adjusted window washer jet can be just as effective.. :)

I wonder if it would be illegal to fit one on the back aimed specifically at the right angle to hit anything too close?

driving perfectly safely whilst throwing a water filled balloon out of the window...

jesus christ... well done....

Sponsored Links
Anyone else notice this? Young female drivers are worst for speeding and tailgating. I was in the car with my sister, she was doing 40 in a 30, and following way too close. She's 22.

I was following some prat in a Shogun earlier who was about 2 foot from the small car in front. The small car wasnt going particularly slowly (45mph on windy 60mph roads, I've seen people go slower). Anyway, the Shogun kept backing off a little, then accellerating harshly. I thought, you f***ing ******. And his exhaust had that smell of gloss paint being stripped using a heat gun! Christ knows what he was burning.

Then a prat in a 54 plate Mercedes car zoomed past me at about 60 on a 40mph dual carriageway, only for him to get caught behind the right-turning traffic ahead. I was also turning right, as was he, so I ended up behind him. :evil:

Driving standards are getting worse.

Just drive as would you do normally, if you get chance take a turn off or pull into another lane if possible.....sorry for the serious answer :LOL:

Just drive as would you do normally, if you get chance take a turn off or pull into another lane if possible.....sorry for the serious answer :LOL:

the sensible option.

i've never understood the thinking of the tailgate hater. if someone is on your arse, pull over and let him by? no. lets try various ridiculous and similarly dangerous "lessons" for said tailgating person. (see how i avoided the word tailgator :LOL: )

the message is simple...get the feck out of the way no matter how "right" you are. especially if you are under 55 on a 60 or are unable to keep within a 15mph differential on an A road. :rolleyes:

the message is simple...get the f**k out of the way no matter how "right" you are. especially if you are under 55 on a 60 or are unable to keep within a 15mph differential on an A road. :rolleyes:
just to check, you are under the impression that the sign saying "60" or whatever indicates the minimum permissible speed? No reduction is allowable for blind corners, wobbly cyclists, poor weather, potholes, children on pavement, heavy traffic, narrow sections, obscured junctions, cars parked on both sides?

the message is simple...get the f**k out of the way no matter how "right" you are. especially if you are under 55 on a 60 or are unable to keep within a 15mph differential on an A road. :rolleyes:
just to check, you are under the impression that the sign saying "60" or whatever indicates the minimum permissible speed? No reduction is allowable for blind corners, wobbly cyclists, poor weather, potholes, children on pavement, heavy traffic, narrow sections, obscured junctions, cars parked on both sides?

of course not. this brings me back to the 40mph driver, the sort of person who has no awareness of those hazards as they are simply not concentrating on the road.

what i do expect, and rarely see unless i'm following my dad, is someone meeting the speed limit as much as possible but only when its safe to do so.

i'm pretty steadfast on the 20,30 and 40 mph limits and very rarely break them and i get tailgated a lot for doing it but it doesn't bother me. why would it? what am i going to achieve by using all the ****e suggestions above? it's very likely the tailgating person ( ;) L.G.M. )
is going to get closer or you are going to cause an issue by concentrating on them rather than the road.

just accept it as an unfortunate part of todays poor standards and either pull over to let them by or carry on and ignore them.

if they do rear end me and it's their fault they are going to get one hell of a painful surprise when i get out of the car though. :LOL:

I never thought I'd see the day I agree with nickso.

If you cant drive to the speed limit or "make good progress" you should get a bus

:?:

are you trying to interject an element of suspense??

edit: your comments appeared late.

If you are driving too slowly, speed up.

If someone tailgates you, if you adhere to the speed limit, put on your hazards, or pull over.

Sponsored Links
Back