Inaccurate Mitre Saw Angles.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I bought a budget Mitre saw from Homebase some time ago.
(http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wc...ay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=786145).

Today, (having ensured that the fence is square to the blade), I've been trying to cut & make mitre joints. The saw cuts accurately at 0 deg.

However, when I try to perform cuts at the 45 deg setting... it's 2 degrees out (47 deg).
I've tried turning the rotary table position slightly to get 45 deg cuts.. but it's hit & miss. Pretty disappointing. :(

Has anybody else had this problem with Mitre saws - and if so any suggested solutions (other than binning the saw & buying a more expensive model) ?
(I wondered whether it was possible to adjust the 45deg preset position on the Rotary table)

Thanks,
Andy.

Sponsored Links
You could try placing a shim on the back end of the wood to reduce the angle by 2 degrees and if you like the results make a more permanent shim and proper fixing for it.

there may be an adjustment somewhere
as in does the saw "locate " in a ring around the arc or some other method
do you have the manual ??

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back