Incensed by speed traps? You will be now.....!

Sponsored Links
securespark said:
Would you like to stand up in court on my behalf, pip??!! :LOL:
Is there a long time till the case gets to court? and do they have comfy chairs and slippers on hand? ;)

Sponsored Links
does anyone know the statistics for before speed cameras were introduced?as in has it made the roads safer/less deaths etc.....why can't the money that is made from speeding fines be put to good use as in making roads safer,improving junctions,making accident blackspots safer.if you speed you have to pay the fine but if the money was used practically then the bitter pill may taste a little bit sweeter.not that i'm condoning speeding but every knows someone who has been done.

No, they have not proved to lower the accident rate: indeed at some sites, the a/r has gone up.

My reckoning is that the revenue would be much better poured into public transport, but they won't do that because that would be fewer cars to tax in whatever way they choose, ie con charges, speeding fines, parking tickets etc....

Here is the LINK
EUSL/0100/043 Version 2 TEMPORARY AUTOMATIC SPEED CAMERA SYSTEM FOR THE ENFORCEMENT OF MANDATORY SPEED LIMITS AT ROADWORKS (TASCAR)

Camera and Control Unit
10 The camera unit shall be capable of taking either one or two colour photographs per offence with the operator having the facility to select the required option. If selecting the 'two photograph' option, the operator shall also have the facility to vary the interval between frames in 0.1 second steps, within the range 0.5 seconds to 1.0 seconds.
11 A video camera unit, if supplied, shall have the facility of producing one, or two or more, colour images per offence at a displayed fixed interval apart, one of which may be selected by the operator.
............ Next Quote from :-
Automatic Distance/Time Speedmeter Handbook (Second Edition)Provisional
5.4 Second Method of Speed Measurement A second method of average speed measurement shall be used to verify the primary average speed measurement. The time interval used in the second method shall coincide within 0.1second of the start and end of the primary measurement. The accuracy of the second method shall be within 10% of the average speed recorded by the primary measurement. The speedmeter shall be set up in traffic and sufficient readings taken to be able to make a valid statistical comparison of the two speed measurements. A test track may be used for this purpose.

They say 0.5 to 0.7 sec delay for fixed Gatso.

5.4 above ... I reckon this could be construed to have the meaning that the flash delay is set up to match the radar ... note use of stats again .. I thought twas a 'stand alone' verification of the primary device.
:rolleyes:

If people are still speeding then the fines need to go up much more and the revenue collected should go to the victims of speed related accidents, I've not yet lost anyone close to me in a road accident but what a rotten way to go.

Pip

It's a stitch up innit??

I am more and more looking like I have to go to court. David will stand for me if I do. I have been offered a job which asks for a max of 3 points... :(

Now I have lost 3, so am on 3 at the mo, but if I sign away, then I'll have 6 again...

SS .. I do not know, but I am guessing there is fiddling going down.
I would actually be very happy if someone could convince me otherwise.
I do know, that in a stringently rule based system.. Managers under pressure to produce, be it parts, dosh or numbers of happenings .. will exert pressures on operatives to take the rules to the edge, and beyond, in the search for ever increasing performance data.

Jobwise .. I guess you are relating to the Para-Medic business.
:!:

Yes.

MRAS were happy with 6 (have not heard from them since my failed fitness test) but GMAS want max of 3....will try and see if that limit is set in stone, but suspect it is...

NIP back to 'Speeding ticket!' hereabouts. There is an answer .. illegal though. :D

Doh !! never even thought of that when joking about selling some points ... No criminal tendencies I'll say. ;)

Sponsored Links
Back