Incoming supply and 110mm drain run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

Firstly thanks for any help.

I am in mid throw converting my existing kitchen into a bathroom, with all the fun of moving existing supplies.

The electric Meter will be moved by local supplier at a price of about £450 but i have to do all the ground work.

Great, i cant move a meter but i can put a shovel through an incomer .....
Hey ho never mind.

Ok, whats the problem you ask......I also have to run a new 110mm sewerage drain pipe down the side of the property to connect to an existing inspection hole, and it will also follow the same route for my new incoming electrical supply which is going off to my new meter cupboard.

Whats the regs with regards to a 110mm sewarage pipe running parrallel with a black electrical protective duct (tube).

I note that the depth must be between 300mm to 450mm for the supply, but are there any separation rules between both ?

In the pic you can see the exterior meter cupboard, and the new drain runs close to the wall on the white painted section to a point under the window with the new route for the electrical supply being the same in reverse....if it helps !

Thanks all

Tufty

Sponsored Links
The drain pipe & supply cable can share the same trench. It is usual for there to be warning tape above the elctrical cable but the DNO will be doing that :rolleyes:

I guess you aware of the leaglities re electrical work in kitchens? See the WIKI if you aren't sure.

Sponsored Links
Thanks Taylortwocities and Stoday.

Will check out the link.

Yes, i am well aware of work in kitchens, but i have an electrical background and local BCO has stated i can do the work myself providing i either get it inspected and tested or come under their inspection and test regime.

Most stuff already moved from what was the kitchen ( to be bathroom) but i still have to get the meter moved which i have quotes for.

Local supply company say they do the disconnect and reconnect but i have to do all the ground work for them....then they charge me £450 for the pleasure !

Just wanted to know if there were any regs regarding distances between a drain and a supply duct running parrallel to each other.

Thanks guys.....now off to read that link !

Tufty

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back