MAINS INCOMER FROM ELECTRICAL SUPPLIER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there anywhere thats states that the electricity company supply cable coming into the house, can this be run beside water pipes.
Basically i am moving the meter and hence the supply incomer for the house into a cupboard which was going to house my consumer unit. Anyway i went back to the cupboard today and the plumber has run plastic pipes from above through the cupboard and below the floor. this is where the incomer was going to be run.
do i just have to get the pipes removed or is it ok to be left running beside the main incomer?

Sponsored Links
Is there anywhere thats states that the electricity company supply cable coming into the house, can this be run beside water pipes.
Basically i am moving the meter and hence the supply incomer for the house into a cupboard which was going to house my consumer unit. Anyway i went back to the cupboard today and the plumber has run plastic pipes from above through the cupboard and below the floor. this is where the incomer was going to be run.
do i just have to get the pipes removed or is it ok to be left running beside the main incomer?

Moving the meter is a job for the DNO (electricity supplier) you are not allowed to do it. Let them worry about proximity to other services.

thanks
i know its the electricity suppliers job and have got them on board, been given a quote etc. for relocation of cable and meters.
i am just worried that the plumbing should be nowhere near where the mains incomer comes into the house and also that pipe work is being put into a cupboard which was stated for electrical and a/v equipment

Let the DNO worry, my services all run next to each other from the kerb under the house, Electricity pops up half way and water to the rear of the house

Sponsored Links
I don't think the tizzy suppliers will be too worried about a few pipes in the cupboard as long as they've got enough space to fix their bit of chipboard with the service head and meter to the wall.

Of course, whether they can do that and leave you enough space for everything else you planned to put in the cupboard may be a different matter....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back