incoming water clogged?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Situation: for some random reason, the 2nd floor of our washroom (which is the only washroom on the 2nd floor) is not getting any cold or hot water... except for the sink, which is getting hot water for some reason. The bathtub is getting none... the sink does not get cold water either.

The main floor, kitchen and washroom are working fine.... both hot water and cold water are present.

What can possibly be the problem? How can I fix this?

side note: we were having some heating work done to the house... no water pipes were touched tho.... But all of a sudden the kitchen's sink water turned orange (almost rust colored) but then fixed itself a few mins later. The 2nd floor, for whatever reason, is only getting hot water in the sink....

suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Suggest you try and find a more local forum to you to put your questions, this is a uk forum. Also suggest that you try to give some details of your hot and cold water system, so that whoever you ask might have some idea where to start.

sooey... i think advice is generally world wide accepted, no? :D

Plus, I dont think theres many local plumbing forums within Canada.

As for the more info...

Top floor washroom (which is the only place theres water on the top floor):sink gets hot water just fine. Sink doesnt get any cold water. Shower gets neither cold or hot water.

Bottom floor kitchen and washroom: everything is fine.

You dont understand, there are quite a few different types of plumbing systems, all with different thing that can go wrong. You haven't given any details of what system you have, i.e. open vented, sealed, mains pressure hot or gravity fed hot etc. etc. Without that information you would need svengali to offer any kind of advice, It does seem as though whoever has been doing work in your house has messed something up. Why not get them back to investigate?

Sponsored Links
hmm, not sure what kind of system it is...
The guys that were here were working on the heating and claim they didnt touch (nor did they need to touch) the water pipes

as sooey says this site cannot help you unless one of the boys has done some work in the land of the maple leaf??

Hi

They didn't need to touch the water pipes but could have a knocked your incoming water supply ,which is steel by the sound of it, and loosened some rust which has now blocked some filters (maybe on the tap (faucet) spouts) Or if you're on a well a filter where it comes in the house.Can the heating guys recommend a plumber?

Thanet

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back