incoming water pipe identification

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

apologies if this has been done before, but cant find anything that sounds quite right. Need to replace the old fittings on the incoming water pipe, and not quite sure what the pipe is.

At the moment there is 1" / 26mm od black plastic pipe, I'm guessing alkathene or mdpe? There are brass 28mm compression fittings on it which weep a bit. I think it was put in in 1982. Any further help on identifying the old pipe, and suggestions for a fitting you'd use to connect to 15mm copper would be greatly appreciated.

As replacing it will mean turning off water to half the street I don't want to take it apart more than once, and need to keep further investigation and trial and error to a minimum!

Cheers
Danny

Sponsored Links
Philmac 3G fittings fit both old alkathene and MDPE.

3G; third generation - designed to fit old and new water service pipe without having to search out Class C, Class D, Low Density or High Density inserts/adaptors.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back