Incorrect statement amnesty

Agile said:
Spelling Reform

The American Philological Association has recommended the following "Rules for New Spellings":

1. Drop the ue at the end of words like dialogue, catalogue, etc., where the preceding vowel is short. Thus spell demagog, epilog, synagog, etc.

Come on Tony, it must have took you ages to find that..if it makes you feel better Ban-all-Sheds is giving me stick because I stated that there was no apostrophe in everyones/someones, he is obviously quite correct & I am wrong..No Bigee..Take it on the chin..You are a much bigger man than this I think.. :D ;)

Sponsored Links
If it wasn`t for us `Yanks` you lot would all be speaking German, my British friend..

Bamber gaspipe said:
If it wasn`t for us `Yanks` you lot would all be speaking German, my British friend..

where in states are you from? :)

Sponsored Links
Bamber gaspipe said:
you have it totally wrong there

if it wasnt for the RUSSIANs WE WOULD BE SPEAKING GERMAN

you came in to stop russia taking over europe look to your history

ww2 was all but over by 43 not when the yanks decided to come in

RUSSIA won ww2 with our help but they where the main force

Slogger said:
if it wasnt for the RUSSIANs WE WOULD BE SPEAKING GERMAN
you came in to stop russia taking over europe look to your history

I`ll inform the President right away....( be careful what you say or we may invade your little Island) ;)

Bamber gaspipe said:
I`ll inform the President right away....( be careful what you say or we may invade your little Island) ;)

But you'd **** it up :rolleyes:

Bamber gaspipe said:

If it wasn't for us Brits, you lot would be speaking French.

Bamber gaspipe said:

Ha Ha, nice of you to enter late as usual.

If it wern't for the ruskies, germans, brits

You in American would still be living in caves, tell me eactly what have you ever invented?

Telephone
TV
Car
Jet Planes,
World Wide Web
Computers
DVD's
CD's
VHS
Modern (Pharmaceutical) Drugs ???
The English Language that you choose to bastardise

Not made in the good ole US of Arse (Ass)

What!!!!

Remember well that we brits prevented you from being either german speakers or indeed french speakers.

But hey, your time is nigh, I hope you enjoy your bankcrupy, like we enjoyed ours.

How's your Mandarin coming on??

of course, you dont HAVE to put in the apostrophe....I dont think anyone will notice. :LOL:

Do you mean asterix my dear cousin !! After all it is my language :LOL:

Please understand this, I do not dislike Americans per se (it's latin, look it up) I dislike the American public "face", i.e. we've bailed Europe out blah blah, invented everything blah, blah.

Indeed I have a fair few American friends, believe it or not, I just sometimes find the utterly parocial view uttered by obviously totally uneducated "yanks" insufferable sometimes.

And yes, we have many problems too in the UK.

Sponsored Links
Back