Incorrect statement amnesty

ban-all-sheds said:
We have no oil reserves worth speaking of, and that's the only reason you invade other countries now.

Why did they invade Vietnam and Grenada if oil is their only motive. How do you explain the fact that they blocked Britains invasion of Suez in 1956 on this basis

Sponsored Links
Eddie M said:
Meaningless drivel.
OK - I didn't realise that you're someone who needs to read things slowly. This should help:

Well you can f*** off for a start.
Please go forth and procreate.

I did get the term right
The North American people represent a distinct race. This means that you are wrong.

this isn't Fantasy Dictionary League
You're at liberty to make up your own definitions of words, but it doesn't make you right.

it's a UK web site written in the English language.
By "English", I mean with the words defined in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Tip: keep a dictionary by the side of your computer - you can look up any words that you struggle with. "Meaningless" would be a good one to start with.

ban-all-sheds said:
not to cock up yourself.

If we're getting picky about language, I would like to question the grammar of the statement above, and to ask you what exactly you had in mind when you wrote it! :eek:

Sponsored Links
ban-all-sheds said:
My earlier comment to Bamber was meant light-heartedly, as is this, which would be written with a wry smile if such a thing were possible.

And only then because if you are going to take people to task over their use of language it behoves you not to cock up yourself..
Eddie M said:
Anyhow, you're soon to be bethroth'ed to a northeastern plumber n'est pas (that's french BTW)
"Betroth'ed" ????
"n'est pas (that's french BTW)" - It is, but it means "is not". I think you meant to write "n'est-ce pas?", which means "right?", or "isn't that so?". Oh, and the name of the language is "French", not "french".

Quite happy to be corrected, but I thought that n'est pas meant "is it not" it's certainly what my French girlfriend used to say to me.

But then again, my French does date back over 20 years.

Yes French should have been capitalised. but not captialized.

Bamber gaspipe said:
I see the Gutless Brits are ganging up on a lonely American...Typical Cowards....Shut up or we will BOMB your ASS to Timbuctoo... ;)
What you fail to recognise, Bamber, is that the reactions you've had here are not people ganging up on you, or attacking you personally.

Other Americans post here, and don't attract the same criticism as you.

You have been getting it in the neck because you have stood up and taken it on yourself to represent, or promote, your country's policies.

So what you have been receiving is not "Gutless Brits ganging up on a lonely American" it is responses based on how your country is viewed in most of the rest of the world.

If you would care to emerge from your parochial shell, you would find out that the USA is not widely well loved, well regarded or respected.

Oh - and it's "Timbuktu", BTW; "Timbuctoo" is the name of a series of children's books...

Bamber gaspipe said:
It`s nice to see a Brit standing up for us Americans.... ;)

Unless you are decended from the native indians (what other sort of indian is there?) then you are not what Softus was referring to as a distinct race. You are more likely to be a decendant of European emigrees, and unfortunately 200 years is not enogh time to develope a stable society so you and others are supporting a system which allows politicians to conduct their questionable antics. I could continue, but it's not worth it.

pickles said:
ban-all-sheds said:
We have no oil reserves worth speaking of, and that's the only reason you invade other countries now.

Why did they invade Vietnam and Grenada if oil is their only motive. How do you explain the fact that they blocked Britains invasion of Suez in 1956 on this basis
That was before then.

This is after now.

Softus said:
Eddie M said:
Meaningless drivel.
OK - I didn't realise that you're someone who needs to read things slowly. This should help:

Well you can f*** off for a start.
Please go forth and procreate.

I did get the term right
The North American people represent a distinct race. This means that you are wrong.

this isn't Fantasy Dictionary League
You're at liberty to make up your own definitions of words, but it doesn't make you right.

it's a UK web site written in the English language.
By "English", I mean with the words defined in the Oxford English Dictionary.

Tip: keep a dictionary by the side of your computer - you can look up any words that you struggle with. "Meaningless" would be a good one to start with.

I have followed your advice, looked up meaningless, it is quote "having no meaning"

North Americans are not a race, that is total rubbish, they are a nation encompassing many races creeds and cultures.

hermes said:
ban-all-sheds said:
not to cock up yourself.

If we're getting picky about language, I would like to question the grammar of the statement above, and to ask you what exactly you had in mind when you wrote it! :eek:
There's nothing wrong with using colloquialisms.

Surely you know what a cock-up is, or what is meant when someone advises you not to cock up?

You Brits are the most ungrateful race I know...Do you know that Thatcher came kissing Reagan`s arse during the Falklands War...**** ant tiny Island & she was sweatin` cos you lot couldn`t cut it...How do you like them apples...

ban-all-sheds said:
hermes said:
ban-all-sheds said:
not to cock up yourself.

There's nothing wrong with using colloquialisms.

Surely you know what a cock-up is, or what is meant when someone advises you not to cock up?

Sorry, I thought you may have been using the phrase in a physiological sense.

Bamber gaspipe said:
You Brits are the most ungrateful race I know...Do you know that Thatcher came kissing Reagan`s a**e during the Falklands War...p**s ant tiny Island & she was sweatin` cos you lot couldn`t cut it...How do you like them apples...

We got satellite intelligence from the yanks, but f'all else. Couldn't cut it? I don't remember the falklands being Argentine property recently.

Somalia anyone?

Bamber gaspipe said:
You Brits are the most ungrateful race

Bamber your dead right there i am a brit and i ate it i feel disgraced whenever i go abroad and call my self a brit, they are ungreatful scum

Folks, US and Brits, this topic started with SOFTUS saying:-

"""In fact, post any nonsense you like and I promise that I won't pick you on any of it. You can post blatant adverts with pictures of yer van, or a montage of my head on the body of a donkey, you could even say that Raquel Welch was a plain Jane, and I'll sit on my hands and take it like a man."""

Well that has only lasted until this eveing when SOFTUS is again disecting what you have posted and back to his usual modus operandi ,

Tony

Sponsored Links
Back