Incorrect statement amnesty

Sponsored Links
I dont see what benefit, advantage or education this topic can be to anyone.

Except Softus himself as thats the level of all the rest of his posts elsewhere.

Unlike some others I dont advertise on a DIY site, it would be like selling bacon sandwiches outside a synagog.

Tony

Well I`ve just found out that an ellipsis has three dots..that`s educated me.. & you`ve just learned that `synagog` is spelled synagogue so that was educatonal for you too..see..everyones a winner.. ;)

Sponsored Links
About as interesting as the contents of my handkerchief..stick around..I`m sure you`ll be `WoW`ed some more..

Bamber gaspipe said:
Well I`ve just found out that an ellipsis has three dots..that`s educated me.. & you`ve just learned that `synagog` is spelled synagogue so that was educatonal for you too..see..everyones a winner.. ;)

& I have just learned that I can`t spell `educational..`

ban-all-sheds said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
Or put an apostrophe in "everyone's"...

I believed that ...until I was proved wrong...there is no apostrophe in someones...

ban-all-sheds said:
bethrob99 said:
What's the prize?
A night out with Softus.

2nd prize: 2 nights out with Softus.

3rd prize: A long weekend away with Softus.

And the booby prize, a night out with bas. (although most are happy enough with just the wooden spoon)

Bamber gaspipe said:
ban-all-sheds said:
Bamber gaspipe said:
Or put an apostrophe in "everyone's"...

I believed that ...until I was proved wrong...there is no apostrophe in someones...
"everyones a winner"

"everyone is a winner"

"everyone's a winner"

In my strange and wonderful book collection I have a third edition of Pollards Advanced Speller by Rebecca S Pollard, originator of the synthetic method of teaching reading. Copyrighted in 1897, the title plate is followed by this page:

Spelling Reform

The American Philological Association has recommended the following "Rules for New Spellings":

1. Drop the ue at the end of words like dialogue, catalogue, etc., where the preceding vowel is short. Thus spell demagog, epilog, synagog, etc.

Sponsored Links
Back