Increase height of Zanussi integrated washing machine?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All. We have just bought a new Zanussi integrated washing machine, model Z814W85BI. Problem is, it's sitting lower than the Zanussi machine it replaced, so the kickboard that's supposed to run along the bottom front of the machine won't go back properly. So I need to raise the machine by about 3cm. Can I safely do this by just unscrewing the feet so as to raise the machine by that amount? (Currently the feet are screwed almost fully in. But I don't know how far they can safely be extended.) Also, while the door fixing plates on the machine have two hinge positions, one 'high' and one 'low', it's not obvious that they allow any finer adjustment beyond that basic high/low choice. Is there some way of making a finer adjustment? I've studied the user manual but it's no help. Any advice you could offer would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Appliances with feet have a lot more thread than 30mm - in most cases they have to be able to lift the top of the appliance to 870mm off the floor - the "standard" height of the tops of a run of base cabinets (150mm plinth + 720mm cabinet)

Given the machine will sometimes ( maybe often ) be shaking during the spin then the shorter the legs the better. A sheet ply wood or similar out under the legs would do it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back