Independent Burglar Alarm Servicing - Essex

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently moved home where the 10 year old Texecom Premier Elite 48 needs attention. Various Error messages and battery warnings are showing. I can Alarm and Disarm system using either the 4 digit code or the Prox key fob. I do not have any codes.

The Texecom alarm was previously serviced by the installing company 6 years ago. They just sent me an estimate for £280 plus vat to initially "Recommission the system" (parts probably extra) and were keen to offer 6-montly servicing (at a reduced price, moving forward) and ongoing monitoring to alert the police.

I then rang the only other local company. They said they will only service or look at systems they've installed themselves.

Two electricians I spoke too said they previously looked at alarms but now thats too much hassle and, in any event, not knowing the Engineers' Code is a problem.

It's not that I object to paying for a service but I'd rather not be tied into a relationship. Ideally I'd like to find an independent alarm engineer. I live near Loughton, Essex / East London.

I'm thinking of replacing the wired Texecom system with a Yale wireless system.

Any tips would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back