indesit caa55uk problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all
Problem with fridge freezer (indesit CAA55NFxUK.1 nearly 6yrs old), sits there fine...cold fridge and freezer frozen...compressor kicks in and sounds fine, runs when required and cuts out when needed, open door light comes on. If you open the fridge door at a point when the compressor is running...the light is flashing on and off and it sounds like the compressor is rapidly trying to kick in and out. Does this just sound like a faulty switch ? the wife is at home all day and the fridge door does get opened and closed a hell of a lot (she likes her cuppas lol) when you close the door the compressor doesn't kick straight back in but does as normal after a period of time when it needs to. I was thinking the switch was purely for the light not being able to remember if the fridge has ever cut the compressor when the door is opened but I'm now guessing the switch may work in conjunction with the compressor as well as operating the light. If it is the switch does this just pop out internally? I'm hoping for a quick fix as we have a funeral tomorrow, its not a good time :(. The only other thing that comes to mind is the wife has shunted it a bit recentlysso I'm just thinking if something may of got disturbed but you would think it would have strong connections to cope with transit. I think I am going to put cellotape over the switch at the moment to stop it going mad. many thanks for any advice Neil

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Think a friend has sussed this now, all good at the minute and I would never of guessed the issue if he's correct which I'm confident he is, time will tell. I'll be back soon to let the cat out of the bag when confident it's cured, but in the meantime I'm interested to see if anyone's a guru and guesses the solution. Many thanks if you did take time to read my issue

I was told it might be a bad resistance on the bulb making the control board miss behave, changed the bulb and behaved for a bit, problem as was again now, any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back