Indesit IWC71452eco UK - not washing-flashing lights

wig

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Any trade in the UK here? I wonder how I can get trained in washing machine repair?

Anyway, This is about 2 and half years old, cost £190 when new.

Indesit IWC71452eco UK model.

It has been lightly used since new never overloaded.

It worked fine up to Monday then yesterday Thursday it was attempted to be used again.
It was put on 60deg was and apparantly started to fill but not for long, after 30 mins it was found to have done nothing and was just not active. She turned it off at the wall, and turned it back on - nothing.

I first looked at it this morning, this is what it is doing.

Turn on at the wall get the normal beep beep beep. If door is closed, door red light is on, can't open door (we believe this to be abnormal) , Start button flashing green, when pressed, the start light turns solid green and the wash selctor green light lights up on the appropriate section - according to the wash selector dial. but the machine stays silent and does not do anything for 10-15mins when all the lights start flashing and the drain pump starts to action to empty any water in the machine when it is empty it stops the pump and remains flashing and silent with the red door lock on. I usually press the on/off button here and the flashing lights go out just the red door light remains on and never goes off. Then I turn it off at the wall and after 3 mins the door lock releases.

I tried filling it manually with water just after pressing the start button in case the cold water valve was stuck, but nothing happened same thing, until the flashing and the pump empties the machine.

Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
Check the drain filter is clean and try doing a reset too, turn off machine for a few mins at the wall, turn it back on and straight away press the start button for a few secs.

I believe there was a recall of indesit washing machines , where you got a replacement , have you checked if this still applies?

The filter was clean.

No recall for this model unfortunately.

Reset method does not fix the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Sponsored Links
Updating with the solution.

I searched and turned my whole house upside down looking for the washing machine receipt and warranty information to see if it was still within warranty (it's been about 2 and half years). I did not find it.

I removed the controller board from the machine, took the plastic cover off and saw a TRIAC was burnt out in the centre of the board.

It is a BTB10 800BW

Swapped it for a new one £1 the machine works now.

The theory:
Because we never used it for hot washes, but after 30 months we wanted to clean the machine with a hot wash 60deg. the machine was not used to doing hot washes so this hot wash cycle was the likely cause of the burn out.
Add to that, for 2 years I had the machine standing in the centre of the room not under a countertop - at the same time as doing a hot wash, I moved it under a countertop which could also have restricted the air flow.

I read on internet, doing a hot wash after years of only doing 40deg washes can cause failure.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back