INDESIT - PART OF THE DRUM HAS COME OFF - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a 4 year old indesit washing machine.

Last weekend, mid wash it was VERY noise - sounded like a machine gun. When the cycle finished and I pulled the washing out, two large peices of plastic had come away from the drum. I think that they are bits of the drum that carry the washing around in circles opposed to the drum spinning and clothes staying in same position.

What I really want to know is whether this can be fixed/what would be involved in fixing it/how much it's likely to cost? Otherwise I'll go out a buy a new machine this weekend.

I hope someone can help.
Thanks Julia

please note forum rule 9

Sponsored Links
It is quite east to replace these. You will need to take on to the shop as there are different sizes though. When buying them get 3 as the other one will also be damaged. Note the rotation of the one left and just drop and slide in the others the same way. Once you have done this check your pump as you will probable find a coin or two which has caused this problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back