Indesit WIL123SUK - Draining problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there i have an Indesit WIL123SUK washing machine which i cannot get to work. I bought the flat 2 years ago and have only just moved in and have now got round to trying the washing machine. So since then it has been sitting doing nothing.

When put onto drain the washing machine makes a noise for approx 5 minutes as shown below in the video

Once this has sat for 5 minutes the following error comes up

- Stain Removal Green LED flashes slowly at the same time as the extra rinse LED
- The red lock LED flashes rapidly

The washing machine wont go any further than this.

I have the washing machine installed up to the cold water feed. When i put the machine on to a simple spin at setting 1 the machine spins but then eventually does the same as above once finished spinning.

Im thinking this is a problem with the machine draining?

Can anyone please provide me with any help as to how to fix this problem or what may be causing the issue?

Thanks very much for any help you can provide :)

Sponsored Links
Check the filter /pump under the kickstrip then check the sink spigot is not blocked /capped off.

i've taken the kick plate off but if i remove the black pump will water then come out the front?

Yep that's correct it will do ,so tip machine back and put a washing up bowl underneath it then check the pump is not blocked only unscrew it first once water is out look inside filter.

Sponsored Links
Hi there. I've finally has a chance to have a go at this. Everything inside it is clear and there are no blockages however the same problem still exists :(

any idea what else i can try?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back