Induction Hob and Oven

The purpose of the MCB's is to protect the cable. As long as the MCB is less than the current carrying capacity of the cable then you are okay

Stick the Hob on the 10mm cable 45 Amp circuit. via a cooker connection unit

But then the smaller fly lead cable from the Hob will only be protected by the 45A mcb? Is this ok as it mi's state a 30A connection?

Sponsored Links
I have decided I will change the 32A 6mm cable cooker outlet to a 1G 13A Socket for the oven, but still think I need to down rate the 40A mcb for the hob outlet to a 32A to protect the hob and hob flylead?

According to the MI you should but then you're back to notification.

Is it too late to connect the hob to the 6mm² cable and fit a socket, or FCU, to the 10mm²? It will be awkward with such a large cable but should be possible.

Sponsored Links
Sorted my mate the sparks (well friend of a friend) is goint to change the mcb from 40A to 32A on the 10mm cable and then I am going to fit a 1G socket in place of the cooker outlet on the 6mm cable meaning I can just plug in a 13A fuse plug. Phew! Thanks for your help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back