Induction hobs...pro's and con's?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd be interested to hear from anyone that has an induction hob and whether they would rate it or not.

I'm in the process of completely re furbing the kitchen and fancied one of these induction hobs, but I'm sure there must be a downside to them?

I've heard about the savings to be made as it takes 1/4 of the time to heat up than gas.

It's safe because it only heats up the pan not the hob.

They look good.

However, you do need to buy a set of ferrous pans, which is OK I suppose.

I also read in one of the user manuals that you have to 'use the correct size pan base to cover the heating zone'. How's that, if it only heats up the pan not the whole 'zone'?

So:
Do they live up to the hype? Are they better than gas? Do they scratch easily? Are they reliable? Are they crap?
This kind of post worries me:
//www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=204436

I don't want to buy one, find out it's rubbish then have to buy a gas one afterall AND another 3m length of worktop AND the upstands AND a spot of making good on the wall, all because the fitting recess is different. :LOL:

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back