Inductive Proximity Switch

Sensor is located above each axle and a pin on the center of the axle passes over the sensor to identify when wheels are aligned straight.

Wheels have to be aligned everyday, well depending on daily use and its a pain having to bypass sensor with a bit of wire.

Sponsored Links
It depends what it is feeding whether you need a 400mA rated one. Do you know what the current is.

PNP means that it switches the positive supply to the signal wire. There are many manufacturers that make similar type to the one you are after. telemecanique, Bailuff, Turk. They are readily available from RS, many have a counter for the public.

If you get a 3 wire, it will have an LED to show when it is working to make it easier setting up. A 2 wire may or may not have one.

I will have to find out if a 400ma sensor is required but I wonder how easy it is to identify that.

I have checked out RS but if I need a 400ma then they don't have much to offer except for one which is 2-wire which might have to do.

400ma sensors are limited to find but you have all the selection of the day below 400ma.

My existing broken one is a 3-wire led.

For it to take around 400mA, it would have to be supplying a heavy duty relay or some sort of coil. But if it is just supplying a signal to a PCB, it will probably be a few mAmps. I think most of the readily available ones are rated at 200mA.

It depends how much electrical knowledge you have but you could put a multimeter set to read mA in series with the switch wire. Then take it to the positive supply to the proxy. So in effect it is switching the positive to the switch wire as it would do if it were detecting the metal (assuming it is normally off type). You will be able to read the current taken in use.

Sponsored Links
I'll give that a shot since I have access to the connector wires which I need to bypass the sensor.

I know that there are relays when you mention them and there is a very big chance that the sensor supplies the power to it.

I hope to clear matters up tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back