industrial vacuum cleaner?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Just looking for recommendations from people in the building industry. I'm looking for a decent vacuum cleaner for mainly brick and saw dust. What's the best make to get?

Budget is up to £400 or so, unless there's a good reason to go higher.

thanks,
S.

Sponsored Links
I've seen more Henry's than any other type of hoover on building sites. Rarely ever seen other types tbh. They're cheap because they're simple and reliable. Long cable too that can be wound in easily.

I've seen more Henry's than any other type of hoover on building sites. Rarely ever seen other types tbh. They're cheap because they're simple and reliable. Long cable too that can be wound in easily.

Im looking for the same kind of thing, to hoover internal brick before i seal it with pva mate.

I would look at hiring 1 if its only short term use.

That's a good point. I assume the Numatic ones are all the same with regards to reliability, e.g. Henry, James, Charles, George etc... The only thing I wonder is if 9L is going to be enough capacity for all the muck I intend to hoover up with it.

Sponsored Links

Got to agree Henry is not a bad lad, but he does grunt and groan a lot when trying to suck half a brick up his pipe.
We find his brothers shovel and broom more simple and reliable.
Matter of taste though.
oldun:cool:

Wickes wet and dry one I have is pretty bomb proof, mine is years old and no problems and still only around £40 i think. Wet bit is great for spills and when removing radiators, toilet pans etc pretty much copes with everything really.

Wickes wet and dry one I have is pretty bomb proof, mine is years old and no problems and still only around £40 i think. Wet bit is great for spills and when removing radiators, toilet pans etc pretty much copes with everything really.

Yeah, Wickes stuff often surprises me, however I can't see it listed on the site.

Anyhow, since Henry is going for £87 at Homebase right now (£22 off) and since I've got a Homebase voucher to use up, I think on this occasion I'll go for the more popular option.

Thanks for the replies!

Ive been using henry for years with no probs....great builders hoover and you dont have to use a bag :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back