Inflation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If GDP is a measure of UK gross earnings and M4 Broad Money is a measure of the dosh in our economy at a given time.

If there is a greater annualised increase in the dosh slosh compared to the earnings ... Then surely that must be root inflation.
currently GDP = 3.4% M4 = 8.0% .. Relatively we've printed 4.6% more dosh than we have earned, was, last year at 5% Hence the recent increases in Bank rate ... Isn't there about a 2 yr lag, twixt turning the economic screw and the results of that becoming apparent ?

Interesting .... did the govn CAP pension increases via RPI to 2.5% ? or was that another leaked proposal ?
The colander Govn !!

Watch out !! the current official index of inflation is the CPI (Consumer Prices Index) CPI excludes a number of items, these include council tax and a range of owner-occupier housing costs such as mortgage interest payments, house depreciation, buildings insurance, estate agents' and conveyancing fees.
Setting up the feather plucking arena ... Clever old Jock at again !!
Up with the council tax ... no change to CPI no change in inflation ... Ok, still using RPI for pension increases ... but that aint set in stone !!

P ****** off !!

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid it doesn't matter how you look at it, they want your money.

Why in hell don't the dozy b********s just have one b****y tax !!

Cut out all the admin costs ... One pure TAX.

Surely it makes sense ? ... Transparent to all !

P

Sponsored Links
Transparent?

That's WHY they don't want it. They want to make the system confusing.

The Govt are just like other groups of workers. They think you're thick, won't understand anything they tell you and treat you like kindergarten.

Like Drs and nurses. I have a good knowledge of Human Biology and Chemistry, but whenever I'm in a hospital (not often, but sometimes with family members), I like to know what drs are doing, administering or whatever, and why.

I get lots of looks and am treated as if I don't trust them. It's not that, it's just that I feel I'm owed an explanation as to why they are giving a certain drug or why they are running a blood test.

I took my mum to A & E recently- she turned out to have gall stones. The Dr gave her a drug without saying what it was for. When I asked, he rolled his eyes, tutted loudly and said "to stop her vomiting" "oh, can I see?" I asked keen to know what drug he had used.

"Don't you trust me?" he said. "It's not about trust - i'd just like to be kept up to speed with what you're doing. Don't you understand that?"

Obviously, he didn't. And neither do Tony's Cronies.

I tought that was item two on the charter?

Keeping the (customer) patient, informed???

I bet he never questions the garage about his BMW servicing! :D

I guess it's a sign of the times that people have a better understanding of the human body and medicine and that people want to know more.

Finally, just remembered about a British film called 'paper mask' very good! But bloody scarey!

General plot is that a hospital porter assumes the identity of a recently qualified Doctor that gets killed! Anyone remember?

mildmanneredjanitor said:

I guess it's a sign of the times that people have a better understanding of the human body and medicine and that people want to know more.

Finally, just remembered about a British film called 'paper mask' very good! But b****y scarey!

General plot is that a hospital porter assumes the identity of a recently qualified Doctor that gets killed! Anyone remember?
The medical profession are trying to address this very problem now as it has further implications than just inquiring about your medication.
Surveys have found that patients are taking things into their own hands and whereas in the old days a patient would have obligingly taken their prescribed medication without question trusting the GP's experience,nowadays patients not knowing all the implications of not following their doctors advice are stopping their medication prematurely because of things like a small side effect it made them nauseous or that they now feel better and therefore do not want to introduce drugs into their bodies anymore even though the course isn't finished etc.
The doctors do not have time to go into great detail about a diagnosis, besides the average person wouldn't understand having not done the numerous training courses to become a doctor in the first place, They have to trust their doctor and it is this "trust" that the profession is trying to re-establish, your doctor may not explain what is going on in his mind fully but will be using his training and experience to give you the best treatment he is able to. Lets have a "Love your doctor" day occasionally, I'd love that as mine is drop dead gorgeous ;)

Finally, just remembered about a British film called 'paper mask' very good! But b****y scarey!

General plot is that a hospital porter assumes the identity of a recently qualified Doctor that gets killed! Anyone remember
?
actually based on a real life incident!

kendor said:

General plot is that a hospital porter assumes the identity of a recently qualified Doctor that gets killed! Anyone remember
?

Wow, didn't know that!!!

Might ask for ID next time I go in for a prostate exam... :eek:

Don't know about always trusting your doctor they have off days too. My late father went the doctors once. He had previously had heart surgery to replace some valves and was taking anti-coagulant medication(to keep the blood thin) He went to see the doctor about a totally unrelated problem and was given some drugs. He was the curious type who always wanted to know what he was taking. When he got home he looked up the drugs and it was dangerous to take them when on anti-coagulant. He went back to the doctor who admitted he wasn't thinking and changed the drugs. He had been using this doctor for years.

Harold Shipman's patients trusted him too.

It may be their job, but it's your life.

kendor said:

The medical profession are trying to address this very problem now as it has further implications than just inquiring about your medication.
Surveys have found that patients are taking things into their own hands and whereas in the old days a patient would have obligingly taken their prescribed medication without question trusting the GP's experience,nowadays patients not knowing all the implications of not following their doctors advice are stopping their medication prematurely because of things like a small side effect it made them nauseous or that they now feel better and therefore do not want to introduce drugs into their bodies anymore even though the course isn't finished etc.
The doctors do not have time to go into great detail about a diagnosis, besides the average person wouldn't understand having not done the numerous training courses to become a doctor in the first place, They have to trust their doctor and it is this "trust" that the profession is trying to re-establish, your doctor may not explain what is going on in his mind fully but will be using his training and experience to give you the best treatment he is able to. Lets have a "Love your doctor" day occasionally, I'd love that as mine is drop dead gorgeous ;)

Patients are probably their own worst enemy too... My parents bless 'em! Let's just say, that they know best...!

securespark said:
Like Drs and nurses.

In my experience, doctors, nurses, dentists, physiotherapists are happy to explain what they are doing and often seem genuinely happy that I am so keen on what they are doing.

However, the only memorable experience I have of a hospital doctor is one cutting at a wound without informing me (a 12 year old boy at the time) or my mother, who was understandably shocked at his actions. When she demanded to know what he was doing he told her "Stop being stupid, I know what I'm doing!". She kicked him out of the cubical! In case anyone is wondering, being cut with surgical scissors without any anaesthetic smarts more than a little.

Hospital doctors are rushing about so some probably don't feel they have time to explain what they are doing. Still, everyone has a right to know what they are being injected with and what it will do. Basic human rights.

AdamW said:
However, the only memorable experience I have of a hospital doctor is one cutting at a wound without informing me (a 12 year old boy at the time) or my mother, who was understandably shocked at his actions. When she demanded to know what he was doing he told her "Stop being stupid, I know what I'm doing!". She kicked him out of the cubical! In case anyone is wondering, being cut with surgical scissors without any anaesthetic smarts more than a little.

OH MY GOD!!! That is awful!

In the defence of Doctors/Trainee Doctors??? I can't believe that they are forced to work the hours they do?

Criminal, how on earth is someone supposed to work at their best when fatigued by ludicrously long hours? It's a wonder any manage to get through the system.

kendor said:

?

Wow, didn't know that!!!

Might ask for ID next time I go in for a prostate exam... :eek:
Can't remember when it was in the papers here i think it was 70's or 80's
anyone out there remember when,who?

Sponsored Links
Back