Information sought about choosing a new boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, C.H. experts. I am thinking about replacing our Vaillant EcoTEC Plus 824 boiler. When this idea arose at first, my thoughts naturally turned to buying another Vaillant boiler, as I always thought that there was nothing to touch them as regards quality. I thought the EcoTEC Plus826 26Kw boiler would be the obvious choice, as I believe it is the nearest to the one that is running at present. Then, I saw a mention, on the Web, of the Veissman 050-W, and was very impressed by what I read. Part of the facts I read was that the guarantee is for about ten years, and that it has a 92% efficiency rating. However, Vaillant also offer a ten-year guarantee, but there are conditions for this, which would deter me from going for that offer. The conditions are that the buyer joins some kind of Vaillant "club", also that the new boiler would have to be serviced (during the extended life of the guarantee) by Vaillant only. There are also all kinds of other stringent conditions, which I don't remember. However, it would be too easy to fall foul of those conditions for me to go for it. Also (to my great surprise) the Vaillant has only an 86% efficiency rating. Which brings me to the Veissman boiler mentioned above. My first question is: are there similar stringencies on the ten-year guarantee of the Veissman, or is this guarantee offered as standard, without special conditions? It would be fine if it were their standard guarantee, and I should go for buying the Veissman, if only because of a guarantee that is much longer than the Vaillant's five year standard guarantee. I sent enquiries to the firm that is selling the Veissman boiler, but there has been no response. I can only assume that they are only interested in you if you click on, "ask for an immediate quotation" (I should prefer to use a local firm to install it). I also asked Vaillant some questions (using their on-line form, as invited to), but there has been no response from them, either.

So, that's why I am posting here. There was another concern also, about the Veissman boiler, which is that, to me, this name is entirely new. I was wondering whether, if one were installed, it would be easy to buy parts for it, if any were needed later.

If there were special conditions attached to the Veissman ten-year guarantee, I would not consider it, and go to what I have become accustomed to and order the Vaillant mentioned above (with its five-year standard guarantee and its 86% efficiency rating). To someone as inexperienced as I am, it is a nightmare to be weighing up technicalities, guarantee terms, and prices. I need to make a decision.
With thanks in advence for any helpful replies,
L.L.

Sponsored Links
Also (to my great surprise) the Vaillant has only an 86% efficiency rating.

Vaillant EcoTEC Plus826 26Kw boiler has an Erp efficiency of 92%.

I think you may find that all boiler manufacturers, in fact all manufacturers of most things, who offer an extended warranty, will set special conditions which have to be carefully adhered to.

Vaillant EcoTEC Plus826 26Kw boiler has an Erp efficiency of 92%.

I think you may find that all boiler manufacturers, in fact all manufacturers of most things, who offer an extended warranty, will set special conditions which have to be carefully adhered to.
Thanks for that information, Harry. It has eased my mind about buying a Vaillant. The statement about it only being 86% efficient was made by the firm that was extolling the Viessman boiler (and that hoped to sell them). I believed them. I'm now strongly inclined to go for the Vaillant.
L.L.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back