Worcester, Vaillant or Glow Worm System Boiler- Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

We need to replace our old Baxi warhorse, which has done sterling service for 25yrs. We are extending, putting in underfloor heating and so need a more efficient, larger boiler.

We intend to have a sealed system with a heat only, condensing boiler, plus unvented tank.

So,

The Plumber says go for the Glowworm ultracom 30 HXI- 'Which?' best buy, http://www.which.co.uk/reviews/boilers/best-buy/table/ but I have not seen much here which is complementary.

Most people say Worcester Bosch - Greenstar 30CDi Conventional - Only one British Gas fit.

Vaillant ecotec 837 has a good write up.

Veissman 100 seems good, but expensive.

So, What would you do?

Cheers
Andy

Sponsored Links
mmm... choices choices.

Here's my criteria for a decent boiler:

1. Stainless steel Heat exchanger
2. Decent Reliable Controls
3. Weather Compensation
4. Call me unpatriotic if you will but get something dutch or German.

Based on the above, I would suggest a Vitodens 200W. If you can get hold of a Vitodens 300 that would be my first choice. Broag Remeha Avanta. Atag

I'm not a fan of worcester bosch. Particular problem where I live is the hard water which seems to like aluminium quite a lot.

these are just my views. I'm sure other people will be along with their opinions.

CE

Intergas HRE combi can be used as a system boiler comes in 3 sizes and is made in Holland :)

Sponsored Links
ultracom is solid. Fitted loads and fitting more. Very very rarely fail.

Had a Bosh CD24i combi in my last house - gave a faultless service for 8+ years ... although was using a water softner, so no combi / hard water problems.

I'm thinking of having my Kingfisher 2 replaced in my current house and am also considering my options ...

we went for a vaillant ecotech 637 in the end, is a bit more than the glow worm, but since we get the scrappage contribution it is worth it.

I know they seem to be roughly the same, using the same parts bin, but I would rather the Volkswagon than the skoda in this case!

Cheers :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back