System Boiler - Vaillant vs Worcester Greenstar

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have received quotes for the following system boilers. Price-wise they are pretty similar but which one is best?:
1) Vaillant system boiler with 250L unvented hot water cylinder or
2) Worcester Greenstar 4000 system boiler, 24kW with 210L unvented cylinder
Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Which Vaillant system boiler? ecoFIT Pure or ecoTEC Plus? Do you actually need 24kW - has a heat loss calculation been carried out by either firm? What controls are they proposing to fit? Will the integral diverter valve be fitted on the Worcester if you choose that option?

The quality of the installation is as important as the make & model of boiler.

I don't actually know which Vaillant boiler as the quote/estimate didn't specify. He said he would come back to do an exact heat loss calculation. The firm that quoted the 24kW Worcester did carry out a basic heat loss calculation yes. Both companies are local and reputable so I'm sure they would do a good quality installation. It's just a question of which one to go with.

The ecoTEC plus is an excellent boiler, superior to the WB 4000 IMHO, the ecoFIT pure...isn't. Both work best & most efficiently with the manufacturers own controls rather than third party, but they do add significantly to the cost.

Sponsored Links
I don't actually know which Vaillant boiler as the quote/estimate didn't specify. He said he would come back to do an exact heat loss calculation. The firm that quoted the 24kW Worcester did carry out a basic heat loss calculation yes. Both companies are local and reputable so I'm sure they would do a good quality installation. It's just a question of which one to go with.
A 24kw boiler is over the requirement for most residential properties in the UK. I live in a large 1990's 4 bed detached 2 storey house and my heat loss calc is 12kw and I think that is a bit high.

I've no idea about the technical side of things but it's an old farmhouse and is pretty big so I'm sure the heat loss is probably quite high.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back