What Boiler Option?

If the unvented is the other side of the wall probably not a lot, but it gives you 24/7 hot water without draining the cylinder, meaning you have more hot water available for bathrooms and can use a smaller cylinder if space is a premium.

Connected my daughters that way, the boiler is about 3 feet from the sink/utility whereas the cylinder is the other side of the house, so she'd waste gallons of hot water every time she uses the sink

Sponsored Links
Thanks do it all.

Space not a prob for the cylinder, it will go in the end of the garage with enough space left to fit a car. I'm lucky in that I have a modernish house with an integrated garage that is more than big enough to fit a car in.

kitchen backs onto one wall of garage, cylinder will be near to this wall.

Dont think a smaller cylinder in this range would save any space, they all same diameter, just different heights

all comments much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
In which case, a heat only boiler and unvented cylinder is the best and possibly the cheapest, and most reliable.

You'll need a secondary return (depending on the distance to the bathrooms)

As I said £4k or 5k get the right system for you first then all the quotes have a level playing field. Cheap and don't perform is not what you want.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back