So what's the catch?

The thing is though that if they were really as bad as people say then you'd see vans everywhere with Ideal on them. I know people that have had these cheapo boilers for years without a hitch. It would be an uneconomic business model to spend endless hours fixing stuff that was substandard. That is what I don't understand. The Rolls Royce of boilers has a two year warranty yet the Skoda of boilers has 5 or 7 or 10.

I don't get it. (I wish his missus would make the same offer today). ;) ;) :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Sponsored Links
living above a knocking shop, must have been some hard times

Sponsored Links
I've lived on the street before now. :cry:

I can get a Sime Murelle combi for £765.

So what's the catch?

:LOL: :LOL:

1) Made in Italy

2) Importers going bust in the past.

3) Problems getting parts in the past, though may have improved since Sime took over import themselves.

4) Made in Italy

5) It's a Sime

6) Parts on some of their boilers overpriced

7) Made in Italy

Boiler brands with a patchy past may not be the best choice based on a 10 year warranty. Ask yourself why they aren't big sellers like WB, Vaillant, etc.

Go for it Joe, you usually know best. ;)

Ten years is the working life of a combi - once out of warranty I'd bin it. Why can't Vaillent compete? That's the big question. :confused:

Ten years is the working life of a combi - once out of warranty I'd bin it. Why can't Vaillent compete? That's the big question. :confused:

Because there's a good chance that Vaillant will actually have to honour that guarantee, seeing as they will probably still be around in 10 years time.

I wouldn't want to be tied to a company like Sime for 10 years, with all the likely grief of owning one of their boilers.

I've known him for years. He's a good mate. I had the chance to fuck his wife once but declined.
I would do a powerflush and he'd just do the actual fitting. Probably wouldn't charge me at all.

She a minger, or do you 3 have a 'special frienship? Sime will honour that guarantee, as they are a class outfit. Vaillant, Viessman Worcester.. pah - no chance. :rolleyes:

You did live on a street - a house on a street. You did live in a cave in Oz though - I remember you posting that about 19 months ago.

I used to live in the flat above when I got divorced - GOD was she NOISEY!

:p :p

Couldn't that be embarassing?

Particularly on holiday when you come down for breakfast?

Or in those £19 hotel chains with cardboard walls?

As stated already, sime boilers are terrible. Social housing fits them up here we were never away from them. Manifolds always blocking up with some kind of black shards, not sludge. Never seen it on other boilers. Technical help completely useless, calls usually ended in take all the components and replace, see if it works then. Cheaply made, cosmetically fell to pieces all the time.

Dont know about the model you're looking at but I know of safety issues on their format series where pcb fires burner with no demand and no pump, melts half the components, seen it between 5-10 times.
Also seen safety issues with the newer ones ev ecomfort i think, with ign problems that builds so much gas inside that the explosive ignition is so severe it can/has blown the casing off. Sime tried to cover it up but think hse got involved.

Horrid boilers in my opinion.

I still don't understand how they can give a 10 year warranty on something that bad, yet all the big names offer 2. :confused:

they will find a way out of the warranty, or they probably know they wont be around in ten years time.

Few customers bother to get the boiler serviced each year so that immediately invalidates the warranty !

Easy way out for the makers!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back