Inhibitor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Replaced shower room rad with towel rail and when began to refill system, noticed leak on gate valve by water pump. It had a lot of limescale on outside so think it had been very slow leak for some time. Emptied system again but while removing faulty gate valve broke plastic cover on Grundfos water pump 15/50 - damn. It is switch from 1 to 3 that no longer moves. Plumbing shop reckon it is still set to 3 and this is correct setting so could refit as is.

Came on here to look for advice and saw posts about using inhibitors when have drained system. I've drained it twice so intending to buy Sentinel X400 as suggested but unsure where to put it. Read about F&E tank. I have a BoilerMate II so will I have an F&E tank in the loft? How does it work - will this water and inhibitor just end up in the rads and boiler? It won't be in bath water will it?

Thank you for any guidance.

PS I used the Alpha combi boiler instructions to fit a diaphram to restore hot water and it worked like a dream - thank you for fab resource!

Sponsored Links
Came on here to look for advice and saw posts about using inhibitors when have drained system...... but unsure where to put it.
Stick it in the New Towel Rail.
How does it work - will this water and inhibitor just end up in the rads and boiler? It won't be in bath water will it?
Nah, you want this for that...
552791921_2c382b25ef.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back