Initial interview with corgi & Portfolio

• Thread starter Simonbeasley1
  • Start date
sorry dude, but that is how it is, and we all know it, and we all had to do the course, and we all had to pay for it.

what would you want me to say? oh fine, you know someone with acs, that's all right mate, just carry on and hope you learn how it should be done before someone gets hurt?

you would not drive a car because your friend has a license and you hope to get one yourself in the next 3 years?

nothing personal, and i wish you good luck with reaching your goal, but safety comes first.

Sponsored Links
Bit harsh!

Can't see the harm in what is being done. Just trying to get experiance with gas work. I think you are getting confused with CORGI, ACS and foundation gas courses?

AFAIK To get onto a foundation gas course you need to have a few years experiance in the trade. This is what you are trying to prove ith your portfolio etc. After this you will have to take 1 day out a week for 12 weeks to cover the gas foundation course (time and money at your expense.)

Once you have completed the foundation course you need to take your relevent ACS exam's. If you pass these you will then be eligible for CORGI registration, although i don't know if you can aquire your own with such little experience, best to phone CORGI for more info.

Also best bet is too speak to a local training centre to see if the portfolio is an acceptable means of proof.

Good luck with it all, once you've got it.. you'll wish you never bothered!!! :LOL:

Sam

safety does come first

and yes you would drive a car if your friend has a license and that license was held for a minimum of 3 years, you were insured and of course L plates.

WIll PEOPLE PLS RESPOND TO THIS POST ONLY IF THEY HAVE INFORMATION THAT WILL HELP.

I NO LONGER WANT RESPONSES THAT ARE A WASTE OF TIME

Regards

Simon

safety does come first

this is the information that will help, mate.

get acs

register to work under somebodies supervision

learn how to do it properly and legally.

sub contracting for a company together with your mate, and then subcontract someone else to pretend it is all proper and legal.

i can understand and sympathise when somebody has acs, and slips on the technicalities of registration; registering in stead of hiring and that sort of stuff.

you on the other hand have no acs, no registrations, no proper knowledge, AND YOU KNOW IT. you are a cowboy, there is nothing safe about what you are doing

Sponsored Links
I will put this in big letters so you understand.

RGI IS CONTRACTED TO INSTALL A COMBINATION BOILER BY THE COMPANY I WORK FOR

THAT RGI IS THERE GOING ABOUT HIS BUSINESS INSTALLING THE COMBI BOILER

WORK COLLEAGE AND MYSELF HELP OUT WHERE WE CAN. WE DISCUSS WHY AND HOW DIFFERENT TESTS ARE DONE WITH RGI. WE COMPARE GAS PIPE SIZING. WE DISCUSS WORKING PRESSURES ETC ETC.

WE WILL HELP OUT BY INSTALLING RADS, HOT & COLD SUPPLIES TO THE COMBI PERHAPS DRILL A LARGE 4 INCH HOLE FOR THE FLUE, PULL UP FLOORBOARDS

THEIRFORE WHAT THE RGI HAS DONE IS PROPER AND LEGAL

RIGHTLY SO I AM NOT ACS QUALIFIED - BUT TO BECOME ACS QUALIFIED REQUIRES TRAINING BY AN RGI (SEE ABOVE)

WRONG DO HAVE PROPER KNOWLEGE NOT TO THE FULL SCALE OF A RGI. AS PER THE TRAINING WE ARE OBTAINING (SEE ABOVE)

THEIR IS EVERYTHING SAFE WITH WHAT THE RGI IS DOING BECAUSE HE IS AN RGI AND HE IS QUALIFIED TO INSTALL THAT COMBI

THEIRFORE THEIR IS NOTHING COWBOYISH BEING UNDERTAKEN.

THIS IS NOW BORING BORING BORING BORING.

No not really.
Google "routes to corgi" etc will come up with those flogging training, like this one
http://www.tradequalified.co.uk/pages/plumbing/corgi.asp
which gives a good explanation.
STrict ness of rules varies though. If you're eg a kitchen fitter you have to do an unspecified gas course, work with a corgi (not just stick around while he works) and DO gas work under him. Evidence (portfolio) for that is useful. Once you're ACS qualified you can apply straight to Corgi.
I know of no other "portfolio" requirement.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back