Inline switch lamp won't light bulb but has current

Sponsored Links
I think there is a part missing from your switch!? Looks like there should be a brass strip running top to bottom on both sides to make it a double pole switch?

whssign.gif

It's bizarre - as soon as I saw this

screenshot_266.jpg

I thought "Doesn't look like that switch is ever going to work. How come nobody has said anything?"

Sponsored Links
Surely the link (rather large) is just that for the neutral but there are small contacts going to the switch for the line.

I think there is a part missing from your switch!? Looks like there should be a brass strip running top to bottom on both sides to make it a double pole switch?
whssign.gif
It's bizarre - as soon as I saw this <p[ic of switch> I thought "Doesn't look like that switch is ever going to work. How come nobody has said anything?"
Surely the link (rather large) is just that for the neutral but there are small contacts going to the switch for the line.
Although it’s not the best of photos, (and perhaps a bit worse after I've edited it!) the links to which EFLI refers are surely fairly clearly present? .....

Kind Regards, John

Hi all

The switch was purchased from Toolstation.

There is a full length to permanently connect the blue wire and under the switch is a connector which the live wire connects to and tucks under the switch.

I believe the switch is working.

I will replace the bulb holder first and see of the switch works.

Hi all.

To follow up I bought a switched plastic bulb holder for 99p.
The non switched version was 75p from wilkinson if anyone was interested.

I ended up switching the lead and that fixed my problem I think I was getting a bad reading off my screwdriver.

Long story short. Never bothering with an inline switch a plastic holder is easier, cheaper and safer.

Glad your lamp is working, i hope you kept the cloth coved cable in the jar as it looked great :)

At least its safe.

Regards,

DS

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back