inner leaf block work around external door.. return it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, i'm self building a porch and have got to the DPC.. building control are happy so far.

I've got a dpm lapping over the inner block work and about to put the dpc and first course of blocks on.. couple of questions

Doorway - Do i return the block work to 'meet' the outer leaf brick and seal the cavity or just leave it open and seal it with some kind of reveal? (door will be fitted into the outer leaf)
What about the floor cavity at the doorway... feels like it needs a doorstep of some kind?
And finally. dpm and dpc.. should i use gobbo between them or just between dpc and blocks?

Sponsored Links
Hi all, i'm self building a porch and have got to the DPC.. building control are happy so far.

I've got a dpm lapping over the inner block work and about to put the dpc and first course of blocks on.. couple of questions

Doorway - Do i return the block work to 'meet' the outer leaf brick and seal the cavity or just leave it open and seal it with some kind of reveal? (door will be fitted into the outer leaf)
What about the floor cavity at the doorway... feels like it needs a doorstep of some kind?
And finally. dpm and dpc.. should i use gobbo between them or just between dpc and blocks?
Don't close the cavity with block work, that went out about 15 years ago. Use a cavity closer. Everyone sells them including screwfix, toolstation.
The second question will depend on what floor surface you use.
If your asking if mortar goes between the dpc and DPM. No. You may need to stick them. Some kind of glue might be the thing but ive been out of the business too long to say.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back