Inspection and testing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi im studying to take the inspection and testing 2391 course soon and am a little stuck on a couple things.... firstly i have never tested on a 3 phase system so for the practical could someone please tell me how to test on the motor. I've read a couple books on how to test a 3 phase installation and the tests are all done at the DB. Testing between all phase conductors and the Neutrals and all the rest of it.. Is that the only test you do for the Motor???? :s and also there is a Radial MICC cable to be tested in the practical how do you go about doing that? I spoke to a tutor who told me that you can also take notes and drawings into the practical so if any does have any good info pleasssssssssssse email them to me.. :) and any past papers.. thank you

sorry about the long post but im STUCK. thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi im studying to take the inspection and testing 2391 course soon and am a little stuck on a couple things.... firstly i have never tested on a 3 phase system so for the practical could someone please tell me how to test on the motor.
Won't that be covered on the course you are doing soon?

also there is a Radial MICC cable to be tested in the practical how do you go about doing that?
Ditto.

I spoke to a tutor who told me that you can also take notes and drawings into the practical
Not according to C&G...

Also, from the 2391-10 FAQs here: http://www.cityandguilds.com/1631.html

Who is this qualification for?
This qualification is intended for experienced personnel working in the electrical
industry. Although City & Guilds does not state formal candidate entry requirements,
the qualification is not intended for non-qualified electricians and/or those who do
not have experience in inspecting, testing and certifying electrical installations.

Any necessary documentation you need will be provided for you during the practical exam, iirc some of the graphs from the back of the regs were available for ours to calculate disconnection times.
The 3 phase motor has a contactor so you may need to conduct your tests in two parts, pre and post contactor.
Radial circuits are tested as any other radial circuit, Continuity of protective conductor, IR, pol (can be done with the 1st test), pol live, efli, pscc (as the board), functional.

Sponsored Links
yes it will all be covered ban all sheds but as i am free now and want to put all my time in going through the GN3 and practice i would love to know more.

thanks spark123 great help

I spoke to my tutor to be and asked for some pre course information or course documents and he didnt seem to want to so thats why im on here asking for help..

thanks[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back