Inspection hatch cavity wall

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have discovered an inspection hatch in the back wall of my house. I think it is aluminium approx 25cm x 20cm. It is frame with an inset panel, which if you remove the two screws reveals the cavity and the drain points for the radiators. It is broken and I need to a new one but I have no idea what it would be called. Any pointers appreciated.....so I can get replacing it. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Bit confused about this one......it couldn't be an adapted chimney soot door, could it?
Are the radiator drain points within the cavity wall then? :confused:
John :)

The ch pipes come in perpendicular to the cavity wall below floor level, and the plate is on the external wall. It is a simple alu frame with a patterned cover to keep the elements out of the cavity. Just wish I knew what it was called so I could find one. Endless google picture searches are fruitless. Ta

Sponsored Links

Sorry for the rubbish picture, I had to put it back in the wall with expanding foam as we are trying to seal up the house. The two screws are in the middle top and bottom to release the front flap .....thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back