Insta-stik

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone tried this Insta-stik product for plasterboard bonding to bare brick walls? would appreciate your thoughts. thanks

Sponsored Links
Any chance of a link?

If it is similar to pink grips' dry wall foam adhesive then i would have to decline.

It looks like "Non Expanding " foam, the joiner I work with uses a similar product to stick cill-boards down with..As for what you want to do with it I dont know, we threw a few ideas around on your other post . But I will say the company that makes that product "Dow Corning" have some good tried and tested silicons and other products on the market that we use, And they also make the implants for breast enlargements,,,,, ;) Just a bit of useless infomation for you all......

Sponsored Links
I've used it and it is really good.

It does not continue to expand like "expanding foam", and it grips board solid in a few minutes and sets enough to plaster in less than an hour - quicker if you mist the wall and board with water

Thanks for responses. I have bought a can of the stuff today from screwfix. Here is a link of the product as requested:

http://www.geocel.co.uk/product.aspx?id=206&pt=diy

I will be trying it out soon hopefully it will hold the boards. If not, i will try something else. Does anyone know where to get a foam gun cleaner from? I'm a bit worried that when i remove the can from the gun the residue will stick inside it unless its cleaned out. thanks

Hi, Ive got to attach 35+ boards to new blocks and I've been reading posts from last year about Insta-Stik which seems a lot easier and cleaner than dotting and dabbing with Dri Wall adhesive that I was going to do. Has anyone else now tried it and, if so, what did you think? also do you need to PVA new blocks before using Insta-Stik?

Just realised i had an email topic reply from this section. I can elaborate on my experience.

I used this product for doing a small bathroom job last year. This involved boarding up all four walls of a 7x6 room. I had already stripped the whole room back to brick because the old plaster was falling off in places and needed replacing.

The product is very good and held the boards to the wall solid. Very easy to use you just need to buy the application gun. I was using 1200x900 boards and managed to do the whole room with two cans. No pva applied. I simply went around the edges of the boards and finished with a big cross through the middle.

There are two main niggles i did have. The first being that it probably does work out more expensive compared to boarding up with a traditional method. But if its only a small room this might not matter. Also my first gun had blocked up when i tried to change the can for a new one. So you have to be careful not to leave it lying around accidentally after use because it will be impossible to reuse.

hope this helps you make a decision.

Great, thanks a lot for this. I have now started the job and, like you say, the Insta-stik works really well and the only downside is cleaning the gun. Screwfix No-nonsense foam gun cleaner does work well before the foam has cured, but, after that, forget it!!

I dont think there is much in difference between price the main advantage is the time and mess, no mixing and minimal clean up time, plus ready to skim in an hour or two!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back