Install Manuals - Do they come with the Device??

yes, yes you can

you will keep the fob with your keys, open the door bagde fob, alarm off simple.

loose your keys or worse some one takes them open the door bagde fob, alarm off simple.

sounds far fetched, but i have known it happen to 4 people.

:idea: claim on insurance

no you cant since the alarm was turned off

some alarms also require a code for certain things, i .e "reset it" if you constantly use a fob whats that number again?

Sponsored Links
agreed - I understand

but I think you pay your money - you pay the price :)

It is better than having no alarm at all. Also as soon as you find out that something has gone missing, you cancel the tags and change the locks anyway - agreed it may be too late by then but it is quite unlikely.

appreciate your comment tho! :)

Hi,

Hope you don't mind helping a novice installer - I stupidly thought it was going to be relatively easy to install the cabling :). I have started to read through the manuals for the Texecon Prem 24 panel but I can't seem to get my head around the detector connections.

For connecting a PIR you connect all six cores: Power, tamper, alarm. On the panel you have 'Z1' which I assume is for the 2 alarm cores. Now, where do you connect the power and tamper to? I assume in the Aux Tamp and Aux Power - is this correct?

If this is correct how does the alarm know which detector has been tampered as all the detector tamper cables will be going to the same two connectors? Also what happens if some tamper switches are open and some closed (or does this not happen?).

I notice on the expander that each zone does have the 'T' and 'A' (Tamper and Alarm) - which they call the double pole. Why do they not have the 4 terminals per zone on the internal board?

Thanks

Ad.

i dont know that panel but all dvices are normaly closed going open, except pressure mats and ET buttons (neither of which you have)

Sponsored Links
eyeofthebeholder said:
For connecting a PIR you connect all six cores: Power, tamper, alarm. On the panel you have 'Z1' which I assume is for the 2 alarm cores. Now, where do you connect the power and tamper to? I assume in the Aux Tamp and Aux Power - is this correct?

The power for all the devices is connected to the AUX 12V terminals.

The Texecom Premier panel works on EOL wiring, where you install resistors in the device (PIR etc) so the panel can distinguish between

wiring open circuit (tamper)
wiring short circuit (tamper)
Device cover open (tamper)
Device in alarm state
Device in normal state

It is wired like this: (Virtually all devices ane Normally Closed (NC))

texedevice.jpg

If you get the DTAM+ detectors I sent you the instructions for, they already have all the resistors installed internally, so they are a bit more simple to wire up.

If this is correct how does the alarm know which detector has been tampered as all the detector tamper cables will be going to the same two connectors? Also what happens if some tamper switches are open and some closed (or does this not happen?).

See above.

I notice on the expander that each zone does have the 'T' and 'A' (Tamper and Alarm) - which they call the double pole. Why do they not have the 4 terminals per zone on the internal board?

You wire the device as the diagram above, but you only connect the wiring to the left 'A' terminal and the right 'T' terminal.

Thanks

Ad.[/quote]

i did not know they use resistors, same resistors as menvier panels

Thanks RF - I think I now understand it! :)

Didn't quite realise the amount of configureable options on the panel and even on the PIRs!! I assume thats why its a professional alarm!

One other thing, on the wiring side. Is there any issues with wiring next to mains power or data coms cables etc, or does it not matter

Thanks again

Adam.

Yeah don't run paralell to mains if at all possible. It can cause some strange goings on. EMI electro magnetic interference cause by the magnetic field around mains cables. It can be a cause of false alarms.

Just caught the last bit of the post. Data comms cables don't usually cause any problems

Can anyone help? I am looking to buy a MDT Avanti LC Home system but am unsure about the installation instructions coming with the system. Does anyone have a pdf version of the installation instruction i could use.
Thanks.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back