Install Nest over Potterton EP2002 Y-Plan

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So there I was I planned everything in advanced for my father's home. He sent me all the details of our current boiler and heating system and I was convinced that it was a y plan system because i have a 3 port valve that says "y plan". I arrive to do the job and I see this silly wire set up. Why can't they just set it up normally. So now I'm wondering how to decode this and wire it up to the nest 3rd gen properly. N and L are simple enough. What's the business going on in terminal B and D. I could do with some help please.

My setup is as follows:

Potterton Suprima Boiler
Potterton Ep2002 programmer
Potterton prt 2 room thermostat
Potterton ptt cylinder thermostat
Honeywell sundial y plan 3 position diverter valve
Gundfoss pump

I haven't started the job just yet I want to make sure I've got the wiring right way round in my head.

Attachments

• 20180223_153406.jpg
    20180223_153406.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 378
Sponsored Links
What's the business going on in terminal B and D
A-D are spare terminals used for linking wires as required,they do not take part in any switching.

Is the existing programmer set to gravity operation ?

Hello, thanks for the response. It appears to be in the fully pumped position as the little switch is in "-" position.

Sponsored Links
So I plan on doing the following:

Potterton -> Nest
N - N
L-L
3-6
4-3

In a separate block:
Connect all B together
Connect all D together

Then on the heatlink:
L-2-5 (using the wire left from L-5 from old programmer)

Then on the room thermostat
H-TL
Terminate neutral

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back