Install Second-hand boiler: thoughts please!

Put it this way, for £700 inc VAT you can put in a Vokera Vibe Max 26C, large bore stainless heat exchanger, larger that the Viessmann, with retarder but no restrictive elbows and constrictions. It’ll modulate to just below 3kW, has dual temp weather comp, OpenTherm, three preheats, wi-fi ready, Bluetooth timer, 5 years warranty or 6 if you pay about £90 for the wi-fi SmartKey which gives remote control of the boiler. You have to buy and register the two together for the extra year.
I know someone people don't think much of Which? reviews but they found in their Boiler Survey 2021, Vokèra came in second-to-last with an overall brand score of 50%. If one might think Which? got it wrong about Vokera, that means they have wrongly given Worcester too high rating? I've never had any engineer recommend Vokèra but my personal experience of WB has been very good, especially for service. Veissmann came in at around 85% with an overall good review and engineers seem to rate them. My boiler runs well but it has only been two years. The customer support is poorer than WB though.

Sponsored Links
I'll let others give their opinion of WHICH, Worcester etc as I work for Vokera.

The post is whether a second hand boiler with no warranty is a good choice to save a grand and looking at things that way £700 for 5 years warranty is £140 a year whereas BG cover is likely to be £360 per annum on the second had boiler.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back