Installed New Rad, Other Radiators Not Flowing

Reaction score
Country
United States
I recently installed a new radiator in the upstairs bathroom to replace a beastly radiator. During the installation process, I drained and filled the system three or four times during the installation process. (The water color was typically darker but flowed.) The new radiator is working great.

On the first floor, however, I have a new-ish Runtal that is not heating. I bled the air out of it, then got cold water, and when the system is running I eventually get clean hot water.

My suspicion is that I have an air lock somewhere on the return side. But how do I get it out?

I've tried turning off the return valve in the in the basement about eight feet from the radiator, then bleeding. No change.

I am hesitant to turn off the supply valve and bleed because that will create a suction, right?

The system is about 16 PSI. I've tried these things while the system is running most recently, but I could try it cold if you recommend. What else should I try?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back