Installing a bath combined filler/waste

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am about to install a new bath and want to put in a combined filler/waste in the overflow similar to one of these http://www.crosswater.co.uk/files/CRW_bath_filler_wastes.pdf

They all mention being used with a thermostatic shower, however I won't be putting a shower over the bath. Can I just run the hot and cold from taps drilled onto the flat top surface of the bath using some sort of t-piece brass-wear under the bath or do I need to have a thermostatic valve mounted on the bath or wall?

Sponsored Links
Then you just need a combined waste and overflow kit. If it's combined with a filler you would require a concealed valve with flow and temperature handles to fill the bath.
The combined filler/ waste & o/flow kit isn't designed to work alongside taps.

Also if you are wanting to open and close the plug by rotating the bit on the overflow of the bath, sorry can't think of its name, you will need a combined pop-up waste and overflow kit.
You can get a cheap but reliable one made by mcalpine or I'm sure crosswater do them but they are more expensive. But a lot nicer.
Hope this helps.
J

In fact the cross water kit you need is on your link. It's the bath pop-up waste with code BTW0241C. It's not that expensive either. The do an extended one as well. Depends how far the overflow hole is from the waste hole.

Sponsored Links
Alcplumbing, many thanks for your reply. You mention a concealed valve on your first post, can you send me a link to one please so that i can be sure to get the right part.

I probably wasn't clear but it won't be alongside taps it will be with deck valves, as if I was installing a 3 hole mixer set up. I would just be missing the middle hole if that makes sense.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back