Installing a drayton digistat +3RF on a Baxi 105e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, I am brand new to this site and looking through some posts I thought someone on here would be able to help me.

I have a Baxi combi 105e with no room stat just the timer thing.
I have bought a Drayton digistat +3RF and want to install it.
I am quite competent at most electrical jobs but just don't understand the manuals.
Is there anyone out there that might be able to give me a quick step by step guide to where the few wires are supposed to to.

The instruction manual links are:
http://theinitiativegroup.org.uk/fscinitiativedatabase/Baxi/BaxiCombi80e105e.pdf page 22
and
http://www.gasapplianceguide.co.uk/Digistat Instructions.pdf

All help would be much appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Clock on boiler put this to constant and leave it there so that everything is done by digi stat

From your fused spur that supplys boiler take a live and neutral to digi stat receiver,

from boiler remove link and from terminal 1 take wire to terminal 1 of receiver from terminal 3 of receiver take that to terminal 2 of boiler

Clock on boiler put this to constant and leave it there so that everything is done by digi stat

From your fused spur that supplys boiler take a live and neutral to digi stat receiver,

from boiler remove link and from terminal 1 take wire to terminal 1 of receiver from terminal 3 of receiver take that to terminal 2 of boiler

So on the terminal block in the boiler, on the left hand side of it I just need to add 4 extra wires: live-live, neutral-neutral, 1-1 and 2-3 and remove the link between 1and2.
THANKYOU
I'll have a go now and be back soon asking how to put out a fire :D

Yes but you will struggle to get 2 wires into the L an N connections which is why i said take them from your fused spur

Sponsored Links
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou, thankyou!!!!! :D

Looks like it's working a treat.
Over the next few weeks I'll get all the programs set up.

The advice of taking it from the spur was spot on, easier to do and looks much tidier.

I owe you a pint :D

Baxi 105 is a combi boiler, wouldn't these instructions effectively disable hot water when digistat is not trying to heat?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back