Installing a mixer shower from the under bath feed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have been let down by a couple of plumbers, I think because the trades are so busy right now, and with lock down impacting income am going to have to try and do the job myself.

Can anyone help please, I am looking at installing a mixer shower, what would be the was simple and safe way to connect to the existing hot and cold water supplies under the bath here ? The shower will go straight up and be installed above the taps, pipe work recessed.

What connectors / valves do I need here? Do I need none return valves or shut off valves etc, see the image. It is being installed on an external wall.

Thansk so much anyone who can guide me

Attachments

• Under bath image.jpg
    Under bath image.jpg
    580.6 KB · Views: 119
Sponsored Links
Just tee off the pipework you have and run up the wall. Spend time getting your centres accurate and level. Isolators at the bottom would be good if you can but not essential

Hi, I have been let down by a couple of plumbers, I think because the trades are so busy right now, and with lock down impacting income am going to have to try and do the job myself.

Can anyone help please, I am looking at installing a mixer shower, what would be the was simple and safe way to connect to the existing hot and cold water supplies under the bath here ? The shower will go straight up and be installed above the taps, pipe work recessed.

What connectors / valves do I need here? Do I need none return valves or shut off valves etc, see the image. It is being installed on an external wall.

Thanks so much anyone who can guide me
Sounds like it's a gravity shower. Depending on the layout of your house, are you sure it wouldn't be easier for pipes to drop down from the loft? Need an extra connection on your CW storage tank, and for the hot, tee off (in the loft) from the vent pipe from the top of the HW cylinder.
I've done 2 that way and it worked fine.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back