1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Installing a new radiator

Discussion in 'Plumbing and Central Heating' started by houstonwehaveaproblem, 14 May 2020.

1. houstonwehaveaproblem

houstonwehaveaproblem

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    027EEF9E-7CD2-43EC-B7D5-7B66D824FEA8.jpeg Apologies for this as I’m sure I have asked this before but buggered if I can find the post.

There is pipework in place to fit a radiator. It’s live and been there for some time now.

With all the crap that’s going on at the mo I thought I would have a gander into installing a radiator.

As you can see in the photo is what I have to deal with.

Can any one give me some moral support and guidance as to the best approach with this considering the pipework.

thanks

2. Madrab

Madrab

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    If its a standard K2/Type 22 radiator then size it correctly for the room size. Mount it onto the wall and then see how you can work the pipework around it.

You currently have 10mm pipework with 15mm tails that were probably up through the floor at some point. You may be able to have 10mm pipework to come straight out through the wall and then into bent radiator valves.

Depends on what you want and what's in that wall and how much play in the pipework you have.

3. Sponsored Links
  4. houstonwehaveaproblem

houstonwehaveaproblem

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom

Thanks. Not much play in the pipework unfortunately

Looking at a vertical rad as it’s behind a door so limited for space.
    The pipes come down the centre of the wall then V off at the bottom where they come out the wall.

5. houstonwehaveaproblem

houstonwehaveaproblem

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Could I push fit the existing pipe into one of these then attach to a rad valve?
    69D4CE31-325F-48F4-98DD-0E9A29482DA5.jpeg

6. Sponsored Links
  7. durhamplumber

durhamplumber

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Give some serious thought to fastening it to that wall,if it is anything more than approx 600mm single,some fastenings and methods are much better than others..