Installing radiators

Namsag nobody said it would take 8 hours.

no way should you be paying a whole day because he doesn`t have otherwork

The plumber doesn't have to do it at all. What the customer Should Pay is whatever figure is quoted - market forces apply. All plumbers are so busy (around here anyway) that I doubt anyone would do it for less than a day's pay. I certainly wouldn't.

Sponsored Links
Chris by the guy quoting 8 hours for himself and 8 hours for a mate he is basically saying it will take them8 hours. By your reasoning next time you take the van in to get fixed at the garage and the guy only takes 3 hours to do it then charges you for 8 hours you will be quite happy with that. Yes i agree if price is agreed this should be paid but if stupid amount of time is being quoted for then no. Simple part of being in business for yourself is managing your work around the time avialabe not making a 3 hour job last all day because you don`t have any other work or can`t be bothered organising other work for the afternoon. Olski as for living dangerous 2 men not holding a vacum if you re read what i originally posted i said one rad should be a straight swap so there would have been no need to worry about vacum being lost there. By the size of quote it looks like BG have branched out into the continent.

namsag I was being lighthearted although I would never bung a system where there was someone else working with me or the customer was a bit hands on...not worth it. Bg will exchange a rad between 2.2kw and 3.5kw for 191.00 inc vat and that includes 60minute of labour.

Sponsored Links
Ollski there was no offence taken. Still in regular contact with old bg mates and get to hear all latest prices and offers and even borrow lap top to keep up with your ops procedures and safety notices etc. As for fixed prices some of BG prices are not too bad others are horrendous . Think one of the latest ones £1800 quid fo condensing combi exchange is quite a good price. Out of interest without giving too much away where is your patch.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back