Installing a new remote control dimmer switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I would like to have a new remote controlled dimmer switch installed in my bathroom. The bathroom has two lighting circuits - one circuit is downlighters and one circuit is incandescent pendants over the basins. At the moment they are controlled as a single circuit with a single switch and I'd like to retain this set up.

I wouldn't dream of doing this work myself - I think electrics are best left to the pros. But an electrician in London is expensive and I only want to have to call someone out once.

I would like to be able to confirm that the electrician has wired the switch properly and that he hasn't taken me for a ride when it comes to charging for the job (most electricians are honest, but I have had people string jobs out before).

Here is a link to the circuit diagram for the remote dimmer / installation instructions:

http://www.adeoproav.it/site/adeogr.../manuali/luci/WirelessDimmerModule_IG_Web.pdf

Here is a picture of the light switch (on the left are the two permanent live wires for the two circuits).

Is this a fairly simple job for an electrician? Should an hour be long enough?

Am I right in thinking that all he needs to do is connect the two permanent live wires into the Line (L) terminal on the dimmer and the other two wires into the load wire on the dimmer?

Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
An hour should be more than enough, provided that the module actually fits into the wall box, and you have a neutral at that position.

Thanks - and if the module doesn't fit into the wall box, what are the options?

I've got a deeper wall box but it wont even fit into that. Is there a rule about the module being encased in a wall box, or could it sit behind the wall box (stud wall)?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back