installing a new shower tray

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

The problem I have is that my floor joists would all need cutting for waste pipe, alternatively I have a small toilet down stairs of which I was thinking of bringing the waste through the ceiling then applying a false ceiling and one wall, my question is can I then plumb the waste into the back of the toilet with a pan connecter such as a MCALPINE (screwfix). I have all looked at putting into my ink outlet but I don't think this would work as pipe diameter is a lot smaller, any suggestions would be very welcome, this will be all more work but will save cutting joists.

Thanks

Richard

Sponsored Links
Is there any future in raising your shower tray up on a plinth, just to help with the drainage, Richard?
John :)

had thought about raising it but dont really want to box in the pipes as got wall to wall tiles, would go through ceiling to downstairs toilet waste

Fit a plinth, then channel out the wall to a depth that will accept waste pipe,plaster over. A lot less trouble than fitting false ceilings etc. Or fit a stud wall to hide waste pipe only needs to be 50mm depth.Fit a stud wall half way up, use as bathroom shelf. ;)

Sponsored Links
Install tray on a riser kit (can be supplied with trays). If you are having skirting, build that away from the wall enough to accommodate waste pipe or similar sort of boxing. I wouldn't advise a horizontal chase of possibly half the depth of wall skin as previously suggested.

Some photos would help if possible.

James.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back